2,704 results
All reviews champagne bar peace gardens privilege room ice room aroma room experience shower spa package winter garden steam room spa area city centre good size crucible theatre lovely hotel ncp car park q park great central location
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

An overnight stay with our 9 year old daughter and I was surprised how good this hotel was. Clean, well decorated and decent sized rooms. The shower was superb, the beds were comfy but the highlight was a superb buffet breakfast. The hot and cold selection was fantastic and the omelettes were out of this world. Great location too in the centre of the city.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank davehelen1709
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you so very much for your great review following your recent stay at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's hotel and Spa.
It was lovely to read such great feedback and am pleased that you enjoyed the great breakfast. We do get manty positive coomenst regarding it and am pleased you enjoyed it.
I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

Had the best service from Elizabeth and Owen whilst having breakfast in mecure hotel.nothing was too much trouble.i would highly recommend it was very hygienic and clean.i had just been to the gym which is also really good and the staff are very helpful and friendly.i am really looking forward to my next visit and hopefully bringing my family with me this time as they would love the hotel and the winter gardens.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank keelyminnie

Dear Guest
It was lovely to read such great feedback and am pleased that you enjoyed the great breakfast along with the service provided by Owen and Elizabeth.
I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel as we were guests at an evening wedding. The Hotel lobby is beautiful and really sets a good first impression. We were able to pull up outside the hotel in a very small waiting area, and we were told we had to move the car within 15 minutes and could park in a nearby Q Park with a discounted rate of £12. I am a make up artist and had many bags and suitcases, as I was working the afternoon in the hotel. I was not offered any help with my luggage to my room upon arrival, even though the lady on reception was very smiley and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean, however the panel for the light fittings was on the floor and the toilet seat was not attached properly. There was also no shower cap! My husband had bought me some champagne for when I finished working and when he called to ask for an ice bucket and flutes he was told it would be a £5 for these to be sent to the room. The beds were comfy and we didn’t stay to try out breakfast. Overall the hotel is good, but attention to detail is lacking.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jojojvs
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Stopped by for a drink in the champagne bar after walking around the Christmas market. First impressions were very good, warm friendly atmosphere, great modern decor. Good music was playing ( a live singer). Attentive staff and a varied drinks menu. Really enjoyed the experience. Will be visiting again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel and Spa. I was delighted to read your comments and delighted you had an enjoyable afternoon here.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

I wasn't staying at the hotel, but it has a lovely bar/cafe area and I was in town and decided to visit with a friend. I have been here for drinks before the theatre and it has a lovely ambience. This afternoon, the service was poor; it took ages to get served even though they weren't really busy and then we just ordered a coffee (we asked for weak) and a tall hot chocolate. What arrived was a strong coffee and a cup half full of tasteless hot chocolate. I didn't complain as my friend had said she was treating me..not the standard we would expect at those prices.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the tiem to review your recent vist.
I am sorry that it wasn't to your satisfaction however pleased be assured had you brought the matter to our attention we most certainly would have recified the matter immediately.