1,042 results
All reviewssheffield arenatravel kettlerooms are basicice rinkper nightshower doorwhat it says on the tinattending a concerttram stopreception areaideal locationshort stayone night stayfew minutes walkall you can eatwould stay againdouble room
Reviewed May 24, 2016

Can’t believe the treatment we had at this Ibis Hotel. To our amazement, when we opened the door to the room we found the maid had fashioned from the white room towels two swans kissing. These swans were surrounded by scattering red rose petals while resting on a tray of chocolates.

Only kidding. Room was square, basic but clean. No noise, quiet and the staff were ace. Triple room with a bunk over double. Bunk bed not made which is a bit of a duffer but I can live with it.

Room Tip: Near tram for access to Meadowhall or City Centre.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
LuisOrtinGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2016

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your comments. We may not prepare towel swans kissing on the bed, but our objective is to make you feel like we did!

I am very happy to see that your stay with us met your expectations, and you enjoyed your time in Sheffield.

I will be looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

ibis Budget Sheffield Arena

Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

We always try to book this hotel if we are going to the Arena as it is literally across the carpark. It is cheap to stay as it is a budget hotel, sadly this means there is no kettle in the room but you can purchase a hot drink from reception for £1.50 and they are open 24 hours. They also have a stock of cold food, cold drinks, pot noodles, cakes, alcoholic drinks and they do hot pizza too. The rooms are good in size and have a separate toilet room and shower.

Staff very friendly and welcoming.

Car park has a charge of £4 per 24 hours.

Only problem i encountered was i was given a toom on the ground floor which i didnt like as we had to keep our blind shut as people were walking past outside and we also felt we couldnt leave things on show when we went out for the evening. I was however told that had the hotel not been fully booked that night, i could have changed room so no real problem.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
LuisOrtinGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2016

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your comments. We absolutely love to receive such constructive feedback, as these are the ones helping us to improve every day.

I am glad to see that you had a nice stay with us ibis Budget Sheffield, and yes, my colleague was right: if you have any problem next time, please ask to one of my team members and, if available, we will quickly move you a different room. I am sorry this time we could not.

Thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed May 21, 2016

we stayed here as it was close to the octagon where we was going to see Russell Kane, for £25 you get what you pay for, literally a bed, shower, toilet, very basic, pillows are so flat i had to fold it in half. but in saying that the staff were helpful and friendly and the room was clean. for the price and location we would probably stay again..and bring our own pillows! ha

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
LuisOrtinGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2016

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review. It is actually very helpful for us. I hope Russell Kane was good, by the way!

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will be looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

Firstly let me say I don't really feel entitled to be negative because the price I paid was so cheap I didn't expect too much...the bed was ok - not the most comfortable but there are 2 to choose from as there is a bunk bed option for a 3rd person to sleep on! Shower opens out into the room so if your a bit body conscious with your fellow guests have your towel ready. And It is Nice that there is 24hr reception and food/drinks available.

Big Negatives...The room was at the back of the property overlooking the car park and I thought it would be quiet but I was very wrong...lorries reversing people talking by their cars and general traffic noise woke me up several times. And the rooms above also woke me up with their footsteps...very noisy hotel with not much sleep to be had. HOWEVER for the price I paid I would stay here again if I needed somewhere to stay.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Dear Danielle,

thank you very much for your constructive comments. It is always nice to receive such a helpful feedback.

Our aim is to offer the best possible service ALWAYS, regardless of the price paid, so I am happy to see that we met your expectations. Regarding your issue with the noise, please next time do not hesitate to let us know and we will try to allocate you in a different room.

Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is perfect if you're going to a concert at the nearby arena!
Me and two friends stayed here last night to see Busted.
We paid £70 for a double bed plus bunk bed. The room was clean and tidy. However, you only get one paper thin pillow and a paper thin duvet. When we asked reception for a couple of extra pillows, we were told the last ones had been given out. Fair to say I have spent the day complaining of neck ache.
Also there are NO facilities to even make a cup of tea or coffee, no comfy chairs to sit on and you get one bar of soap.

Like I said, perfect for somewhere to lay your head after a gig, if you want back and neck ache for the next couple of days!

Other than pillowgate, I would stay here again just for the ease of how close it is to the arena!

Also be aware, they charge £4 for the car park on top of the charge of the room!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
LuisOrtinGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2016

Dear Laura,

thank you very much for spending a minute of your time and let us know about your stay with us. I hope the Busted concert was good! At least that's what everyone is saying! :)

My apologies if you did not find your bed comfortable, Laura. Also, I will make sure we order some more new pillows to have some spare, in case of need.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Have a good day!