“a great little spot!”

Ranked #13 of 49 Shopping in Sheffield
More attraction details
Owner description: Tea Merchants and Blenders - For Health & Happiness
Reviewed April 5, 2018

a great little spot! beautiful, bright space with nice decor. good coffee, delicious vegan pancakes and professional yet friendly service from the waiter! will definitely be back again.

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

So i have visited this place 3-4 times now and anticipated its opening. Having experienced the teas from the lovely Nether Edge shop i was excited for this new place. The building itself is gorgeously minimal and they have done a great job reviving life in to an old building.
The choice of drinks is amazing and if you are a lover of tea this is the place to come. My absolute favs are the matcha latte and sheffield fog! The food is also amazing with lots of choice for brunch and breakfast, and the cakes look fantastic too! The only niggle i have so far is service but i appreciate its a new business that will have teething problems to start, but this 100% will not stop this being my new fav place in sheff. Thanks birdhouse! X

Reviewed February 14, 2018

Been wanting to try here for a few weeks now ,first impressions were good ,walked in with the family managed to get a table downstairs sadly it took over ten minutes to get offered a menu..otherwise it would be s five star review easily ,but let's talk about the menu.,.its amazing and I mean amazing ,good choice ,decent prices and tea themed cocktails! I'm so coming back for a tea flavored old fashioned . I had an amazing raspberry Victoria sponge which was heavenly ,and the kids chocolate brownie my 2 year old had was yum
The best thing has to be the tea choice ,hot ,iced ,letters it's all here and I can't wait to come back...

Reviewed February 4, 2018

My visit to the Birdhouse Tea Company was infact a bit of a disaster but Im still giving it 5*, heres why. The place itself is lovely. I adore that its not a chain, its off the beaten track and something good has come from a run down building. We ordered drinks, me and my sister chose a lovely gin infusion with elderflower. They'd ran out of elderflower so that wasn't to be!. We then ordered our food, it was a tough choice as everything being delivered to the other tables looked so good! My kids had the full english and the adults both chose the pancakes. We'd been waiting for probably 20 mins+ when a waiter/manager came and apologised for the delay and would we like a round of drinks on the house? Yes please, thats fine. Another 20 mins and he was back again, they'd ran out of flour so the pancakes were a no go!! I won't lie, i was slightly devastated as they looked so good, especially after id been let down with the gin!! This time we were offered cake for the 4 of us by way of an apology. The food came and it was lovely, we then all had cake which was also lovely.
Now yes, cock ups were made. However, the staff we're so incredibly lovely about it, owned up to their error, apologised, offered drinks and cake as compensation (free cake - whats not to love?!?!) You couldn't be angry with them, people make mistakes, its how they handle them that matters I think and this place handled them really well with honesty and a smile, you cant argue with that!
In the end our bill was really small as not only did we get free drinks and cake they also didn't charge us for the 2 breakfasts that they couldn't honour, they really couldn't have been more fair about it.
Bravo Birdhouse, Heres to more quirky, individual coffee shops/restaurants, especially in parts of town that need some life injecting into them. Ill tell my friends to visit and Ill definitely be back again!!.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

We visited Birdhouse’s new venture at Sinclair Street in Sheffield centre for a mid week lunch. It’s in a stunning converted factory building, very trendy and beautifully done. Had a lovely experience all round. Unusual menu with some really great healthy and/or veggie options. We had Buddha Bowls which offered lowly flavour combinations. Obviously the hot drink selection is top notch as you’d expect - I enjoyed my “Sheffield Fog” tea immensely! I didn’t try the cakes as I’m dieting but they looked amazing. A must visit in a really up and coming part of town.