“Gone down hill.”

Price range: US$10 - US$33
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We've eaten here at least on two previous occasions. The service was great, and the food on those occasions was very good. However, we visited last Friday and had a very different experience. The service was okay, but as the meal progressed we felt like we'd been forgotten; we were not asked if we'd like to order dessert.
Also, the food was terrible! The chorizo was awful (one of my favourites in this restaurant), the potatoes were cold, and not very well cooked or presented. The chicken was so dry it was worse than our worst ever Nando's experience (really saying something).
Anyway, I am sad to say I'd not recommend this place any more. Has it had a change of management / owner?

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have been to this restaurant a couple of times now as we live in Sheffield. We have eaten Tapas at a few different places in the city but we think this is the best by far.
The atmosphere is nice and the staff are very friendly. We also think the food is well priced.

1  Thank laurenhoyland2010
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Hmm tough one because I have no complaints . This place is what it is, pre packaged food reheated and served in a townie restaurant . Theres no gristle in the meat but the same is true at Mcdonalds. The bottom line is that this place is ok but the food is not good enough to qualify as being somewhere you look forward to. Its a bit like beans on toast. Its ok but if you had anything else you'd go there first. Staff were very good for us.

Platillos_Sheffield, Manager at Platillos Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for your review. I feel that it is only right that I reply to your comment that we serve pre packaged, reheated food. Please note that this is most definately not the case, all of our dishes are prepared on site using, where possible, locally sourced ingredients which are delivered daily. I'm sorry if this wasn't evident to you on this occasion.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was visiting on a Friday afternoon with some friends. There is a bar serving bar snacks on the ground floor, with the restaurant situated on the first floor. We had pre booked so we were guaranteed a table. In respect of the booking process, this is where I think it could be better. It is the only restaurant I know where they insist on a £5 deposit per person paid in advance. I personally find this very inconvenient. I have dined in hundreds of restaurants.

The restaurant was quite empty. The young waitress who served us was attentative to our needs and her service was first class. We had gone for the set menu at £18.50 per person. The food was delightful. A nice selection of hot and cold tapas, plentiful in supply. We all agreed the food was tasty.

We then all decided to have a sweet. This is where I think most certainly the service could be improved. The menu stated each desert was £3.50, but when we came to order, we were told that that it would cost I think it was a pound more as we had not ordered in advance! Initially I thought they were joking. Apparently not. I was very disappointed with this. I have never heard of such rubbish.

All in all we had a great time but, and this is only my opinion, service could be better. We will not be going back in a hurry.

Thank you for your review, and I'm happy that you enjoyed your food on this visit. Please be assured that we do only ask for a deposit when it is a large group booking or for tables over the key festive period, which applied to your party. This is, of course, deducted from your bill on the day and not uncommon.
We also have various offers that we like to offer, the reduced price for pre-ordering your desserts was one that we offered with our Christmas menu.

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The food was quite nice, nothing especially outstanding though. Make sure you order enough food as we actually went to McDonald's after the meal as we were still hungry!

I can't particularly complain about anything as everything was ok, but just ok. I would consider returning but there are a lot nicer places in sheff!

Thank you for your review. As a tapas restaurant our dishes are served as small dishes so that you can select a few dishes to share, and also add to your order should you wish. I hope you do choose to return in the future.