“Average food, but a good spot for drinks.”
Review of Platillos Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Platillos Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$33
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The food served upstairs in the restaurant is nothing special, but downstairs is a good place for drinks with the outdoor terrace overlooking Leopold Square.

2  Thank AndrewDStrachan

Reviewed January 24, 2014

On a daily trip to Sheffield, we ended up on Leopold Square as I knew there was a big choice of restaurants. Platillos was just the easiest choice as most of the other ones were chains.
The restaurant has a Spanish and tapas theme going on (as the name says, 'small plates') and reminded me of a similar restaurant in Leeds which we didn't enjoy much.
This time, it was slightly different. Service was impeccable, the waiter was extremely friendly and pleasant. The food was nice and the choice was good, but we overall thought it was a bit disappointing. I am a big seafood lover so I particularly enjoyed the seabass croquetas and other small bocadillos (starters). My partner, not a big fan of fish, had a burger. Quantities were slightly bigger than a normal tapas bar, where you scarcely get enough food to even understand what each dish tastes like. Even so, we probably wouldn't go back.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Been here many times just for drinks as Leopold Square is a nice area to meet with several great bars and resturants. Decided to try the food here on the spur of the moment and was definetly not disappointed. It is all tapas style menu but which was great to sample lots of different dishes. Favourites of mine included the Mexican Spicy Pulled Pork Meatballs and the cold Turkish aubergine dish. Service was efficient and the waiter staff friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was nice in the dining area and the total bill came to less than £40 for 3 drinks and around 7 tapas dishes. This was a great suprise and I am really glad I finally chose to eat here after visiting the bar since its opening. Will definetly try again

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We had the Tapas sharing option. It was ok but nothing more. Unlikely to go back. Staff were pleasant and service good but food was quite underwhelming.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We've eaten here at least on two previous occasions. The service was great, and the food on those occasions was very good. However, we visited last Friday and had a very different experience. The service was okay, but as the meal progressed we felt like we'd been forgotten; we were not asked if we'd like to order dessert.
Also, the food was terrible! The chorizo was awful (one of my favourites in this restaurant), the potatoes were cold, and not very well cooked or presented. The chicken was so dry it was worse than our worst ever Nando's experience (really saying something).
Anyway, I am sad to say I'd not recommend this place any more. Has it had a change of management / owner?