“Nice bar. Friendly staff. ”
Review of The Swan Taphouse

The Swan Taphouse
Ranked #11 of 30 Restaurants in Ironbridge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Called in for a couple of drinks. Served quickly. Nice couple of ales on. Food looked amazing and the restaurant part was busy. Nice outdoor area.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Disappointing cream tea. Booked it via groupon. Brioche bread rolls instead of sandwiches, (prefer proper bread!)bit dry and not much filling. Rib and chicken wing tasted lovely. Scone ok but artificial cream and poor jam. Cakes were very nice.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Went for a family meal to celebrate my wife's birthday.

Very good service, reasonably priced and food was superb - highly recommended

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

We were booked for early dinner and was pretty much on our own. The waitress seemed a little nervous to let us sit on a different table. But eventually relaxed seeing as the next booking was 2 hours later!!! 'It's against our policy' doesn't really wash with me. Surely turning your tables is a benefit to you.
That aside the food was great. I'd booked here as a surprise for my husbands birthday. So it's always a little risk you've made the right choice. I loved the dirty chips, wow they were so tasty.
Overall, other than the initial wobble, I would recommend here as the food was lovely.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Stopped off in Ironbridge for the evening and was reccomended The Swan. We had a nice welcome. It was very quiet so had our pick of where to eat. We ordered the BBQ platter. Came out within 15mins. Meat was fresh and tasty, shame the beans were a little cold or i would have given 5 stars. The waitress also gave my husband their craft larger which he said was very nice but he had asked for an ale. However the pub itself was clean and food very good. Will definatly be back again if we are in that direction.