Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews the river ludlow castle small hotel restaurant with rooms ten minute walk no lift lovely hotel excellent food plenty of parking short break stayed for one night walk into town venison hotel is situated high standard evening meal an overnight stay
Selected filters
Reviewed November 3, 2020 via mobile

Went here last night the food was fantastic it is THE BEST restaurant in Ludlow in our opinion.
Very nice bottle Pinot noir
The service was great and unrushed,
Our only comment was the lighting is too bright!
Will definitely be back after the next lockdown,

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2020

Great location with scenic 10 min walk to the castle and market square.
Very clear Covid19 guidelines. Evening maitre’d and young staff extremely friendly and responsive.
Main house meticulously kept clean. Cottage is used by dog owners, and unfortunately we had a chair covered in lot of short hairs., but cleaned on request.
Spacious bathroom, lovely shower, really comfortable bed, but the french doors which open onto a terrace is also the access for the other room in the cottage.
One drawback of the cottage room we stayed in is that the wardrobe is very shallow, and only had about 5/6 hangers. Luckily we brought our own, but no room to put them all, so we had to resort to hanging clothes on the curtain poles.
The evening meals are excellent, and the breakfast good, but rather limited in choice. One caveat is that I had problems getting my poached eggs not over cooked more than once. I think the chef changed over finally.
When walking into the town, don’t forget to visit the mill cafe below the bridge. Imaginative salad boxes accompanied by excellent hot vegetarian dishes. Restaurants in the town are also worth a visit particularly Bistro7, Mortimer, Charlton Arms, and it’s rustic sister hotel the Church Inn.
We would definitely return if we visit Ludlow again.

Room tip: Cottage for dog owners
2  Thank kmck01
Reviewed October 16, 2020

We previously stayed at this hotel for a day 2 break in December 2019 so this was a return visit.

The COVID19 precautions at the hotel are very thorough so we felt very safe in the environment. We arrived just before 4PM. Our room was ready and we were pleased to find that we had been upgraded. Our room (2) was much larger than our previous occupancy.

We dined in the first evening. The restaurant was pretty busy with fellow guests. Since our last visit the menu has changed with much more focus on fish dishes. I'm not a fish lover so I had the sirloin steak. It was ok but the meal wasn't very warm when it arrived. (We dined out the second evening at the Church Inn in Ludlow).

Our upgraded room was comfortable and the sleep quality was good.

Breakfast was ok. The service was slow on the first morning and our order ended up on the wrong table. Service on the second morning was much more prompt. My only criticism of the breakfast compared to our last visit was that the wafer thin toast was cold and rock hard. I couldn't eat it.

Overall our return visit to this hotel was fine and above all else we felt very safe in these unprecedented times.

We do like this hotel and we would certainly stay again in the future.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2020

Dinner was superb, the food was fantastic, best cauliflower soup I've ever had!
Service and staff were outstanding, covid measures were evident and sensitively managed.
We would highly recommend this restaurant and will go back when we're in town again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2020

I felt totally safe all the time I was here, the Covid measures had all been thought through and were very clear. I was in room 9 (see review below) which was lovely for one person, but would have been a bit squashed for two. However the big shower and proper big towels were a delight as was having windows in two directions.

I had two wonderful meals in the restaurant, imaginative food beautifully presented.