Lowest prices for your stay
US$153
Free cancellation until 21-06-26
PricelineUS$153
Expedia.comUS$153
TravelocityUS$153
All reviews sparkling water for sunday lunch roll top bath little touches beef meal teme snug mains pub
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2020 via mobile

Sorry to say that the Salwey Arms I remember has been replaced by a rather soulless experience. The food was ok if pretty darned expensive for what it is. The beer was excellent for sure but such a place needs a heart. This it lacks. Sadly

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed July 14, 2020 via mobile

We have had two meals here since they reopened, the food was of a great standard, the chocolate brownie pudding is the best I have ever tasted. Everything is very spaced out so you don't have to worry about social distancing, we will return!

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed March 1, 2020

We didn’t actually stay there as we live fairly nearby ....
But recently took our 3 grandchildren there for Sunday lunch ....
The Salwey arms is a beautiful building and is decorated to a very high standard ....but we were very disappointed with the actual meal , it was fairly cold when it arrived,, and very little of it !! We had 1 small dish of vegetables to share between 5 people ! Also the beef was so tough I couldn’t chew it .....not good ! Our grandchildren are good eaters and love there vegetables...
for the price we paid we were totally disappointed , and sorry to say we wouldn’t go back for Sunday lunch .....

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed February 27, 2020 via mobile

My Husband and I came here on the off chance, a Wednesday or Thursday evening recently whilst driving back home to Burford from Ludlow. It was fairly early for dinner 5.30pm ish so it was quiet, but in a nice way.

On arrival we were greeted by a friendly member of staff who took us to a table to be seated; we walked right through the bar and into a cosy little "snug" type area - it was perfect! I suffer badly with anxiety along with a chronic illness; so it was nice to be tucked away and for it to be quiet and relaxing for me and my Husband to enjoy a drink whilst we waited for our food.

Both members of staff who served us we very attentive, accommodating and friendly at all times.
The restaurant/pub itself is beautifully designed (we haven't eaten here for several years!) - everything from the layout, to the decor and little touches on the table.

The food - amazing!!! We had a camembert sharing board to start which was stunning! And our mains we couldn't fault either. I chose the roast beef from the specials board; the beef tasted incredible and literally melted in my mouth! The gravy and the vegetables accompanying it were lovely too - especially the cheesy leeks!
My Husband had the pork belly & was very impressed (I also tasted a bit too and wow!!!)

Overall we absolutely enjoyed our random week night visit here and loved our meals. The only fault I can say is that as we started our mains, one of the staff seated a party of 3 men literally just behind us (there was plenty of room elsewhere) and they had obviously just finished work, were quite loud and noisy (this caused my anxiety to flare a little and made me feel uncomfortable) and I felt the atmosphere of a nice meal for 2 changed. But up until that point it was perfect.

We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank knd_321
Reviewed December 9, 2019 via mobile

We found ‘The Sawley Arms’ whilst staying at the Travelodge over the road for a weekend visit to Ludlow. We met our daughter and boyfriend for drinks intending to go and eat in Ludlow. However, we were so impressed by the place, and it’s friendly staff, me and my wife didnt need much persuasion to change our minds and decided to stay and eat here.

We dined early (630) so it wasn’t over busy, and the atmosphere was really relaxing. It did get busy but again the atmosphere was great. Service was brilliant and the food was cooked to perfection. I had chilli, garlic king prawn starter, and my wife had duck pate, followed by mixed grill and roast turkey mains with a bottle of Romanian Pinot Grigio Rose. Everything was fresh and tasted amazing and really perfectly cooked. I had winter berries brûlée desert and my wife finished with a Seville (cointreau) coffee. Price was reasonable for the high quality of food and surroundings. We loved it so much, and are planning to visit here for our anniversary. We would definitely recommend visiting for a special meal or gathering.

Thank you to a fantastic team and brilliant restaurant/ pub.

Date of stay: December 2019