“First time. Definitely not the last ”
Review of Origins Restaurant

Origins Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 406 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Origins is a new, contemporary restaurant at Shrewsbury College, just outside Shrewsbury's historic town centre. It serves top quality British and European food, lunches and three-course evening meals. Theme nights and events featuring music, drama and world cuisine feature in its calendar and there is plenty of free parking. The restaurant, led by experienced chefs and front of house professionals, is a first-class training facility for students whose culinary expertise is recognised at national competitions. The amazing value for money, including a three course meal for £14.95, reflects the fact that food is prepared and served by students while being overseen by chef lecturers.
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

First time here and booked with a little trepidation but I needn’t have worried.
We went on the Caribbean Cruise taster menu and what a taste experience.
If you didn’t know that these young people were students you would have thought they had been doing this years.
The front of house staff were very professional and polite.
All the food was amazing even food I wouldn’t have normally ordered was fantastic.
And at the end one of the student chefs came out to ask if we had enjoyed the meal and for any feedback. He was lovely to talk to and it was so refreshing to see a young man so passionate about his subject.
I have eaten in many high class restaurants but this meal was up in the top 5.
All of these young people have got what it takes to make it in the Restuarant business so keep up the good work and will see you soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

Booked for the taster experience but at the last minute it was substituted for a 4 course dinner.We love Origins because....they focus on quality not quantity ! It's always educational..there's a good chance your'll be tasting something you've never had before.The price (including the alcohol) is ridiculously cheap..We go whenever we have the opportunity...it is a culinary experience.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

This is my second visit to this restaurant. If you have never been, it is at Shrewsbury College of Arts & Technology, it is where students train on the job in the catering trade. At lunchtime it is excellent value at £10 for 3 courses.
The food and service was excellent again. I would have given it 5 out of 5, but on the day we visited they had less staff, as a number of students were taking exams. Because of this the menu was smaller and I struggled with my choices. The food I had was nice, but I am sure I would have chosen differently, if there was the usual amount of choice.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We went for the theme night on St Patrick’s day there were six in our group the food was great and the staff were very friendly and the menu was excellent we were very happy and we rebooked for another evening

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Silver service by college pupils great attention to detail. Menus at lunch time are very good servings are small but the it’s not a cafe it’s fine dining so a little of something fancy is good.
Recommend trying this place out I guarantee you’ll go back. Such lovely staff and Dan the head chef manages his pupils well

Date of visit: March 2018