All reviews elemis toiletries rubber duck lovely modern hotel sky channels balcony room leisure facilities walk in shower two double beds charlotte street car park spa pool nespresso machine bars and restaurants reception staff excellent hotel great facilities an upgrade
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely Hotel ideally positioned for a trip to Bath, whether its worthy of the high prices per night I'm not so sure..
I really wanted to take advantage of the spa facilities on a relaxing Sunday morning but my plans were ruined due to having to wait 1.30hrs for room service. When it finally came after two calls the bacon sandwich received could have been made better by my 8yr old. I'm only sorry I didn't take a picture. For the price I would expect a little more.
So, now time to leave and I mentioned to the reception on checking out my bad experience this morning and how my plans had been ruined only to get a shrug and "sorry about that".
Not good enough for me I'm afraid, a small token to say apologies about that I would of expected. We have spent £300 on evening away and been unable to use the hotel as we would of liked.
Customer service not as would be expected.

2  Thank Lee H
FreyaC106, Front Office Manager at Apex City of Bath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Lee H

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am sorry to read about your experience. This isn't the usual standard we adhere too.
Please can you email me directly with regard to your feedback on Freya.Cunningham@apexhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice hotel generally but breakfast was not included by default, horrendous road noise (and also road works) which meant zero sleep. The window had a vent at the top that let in all the noise. Pool/spa was cold and I personally did not find relaxing. Normally there is a warm jacuzzi separate to the main pool. Good location however for the city centre. Don’t stay here long in my opinion.

1  Thank andrewbabz

Dear Andrewbabz

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to see that you were kept awake by the noise from the road.

I can inform you that this week we have fitted an extra glazing layer on our windows to decrease this for the future.

Our pool is 30 degrees and has a jacuzzi within it so I am sorry to see this didn't meet your expectations on this occasion.

We hope your stay has not deterred you from returning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A two night stay, and found a smart, modern hotel and friendly, polite staff.

The room was large, seemingly equipped with more than just the basics, (about ten different coffees on offer, and around the same choice of tea), plenty of towels and roomy bathroom containing both a large shower area and a spacious bath.

We made good use of the sizeable pool facilities, (plenty of buttons for inquisitive kids to press that produced downpours or bubbles).

Staff came across as genuinely friendly and interested in the replies to their questions.

Very definitely one to return to.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear IanDW7

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are so lucky to have such wonderful leisure facilities here at the hotel, so I am so pleased to see you made use of these.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So I’ve sat on this for a while now but decided to write it as it needed to be said. We stayed at the hotel for three nights checking out last Thursday. Overall, the hotel itself is lovely - large, well decorated rooms with high ceilings and contemporary furnishings are complemented by equally luxurious bathrooms with Elemis toiletries (also found in the basement spa and pool area). The hotel is approximately a year old as I understand it but is sadly already showing some signs of wear. Our room - 417 - had large scuff marks on the wall to the right of the window. The left end of the desk also had nail varnish smeared on it and there was another nail varnish stain in the bath tub. That the colours were different (grey on desk, red on tub) seems to suggest different offenders and therefore chronic neglect by housekeeping who could easily get rid of at least the bath one with very little effort using the right chemical remover. Otherwise, cleanliness was very good overall. One of the best members of staff was a young woman whom we met when returning mid-afternoon when she was halfway through making over the room. I didn’t catch her name but she was very sweet and down to earth and we encouraged her to stay and we chatted whilst she finished off what she was doing. It’s a shame that the same can’t be said for other members of the team. I think it was a Matthew Rutherford who wears the title of ‘Guest Relations Manager’ or something who came to deal with our complaint on the final night of our stay and his attitude simply stank. I had got up early the final morning and been for a swim. I therefore knew the spa was an issue and wasn’t being maintained as barely an hour into it being opened for the day the towels from last night were still plastered to the floor and no new ones had been put in their place. Matthew would later deny this, insisting the facility was checked before opening and hourly - so apparently the completely deserted pool in which only one other person was seen in the hour I was there between 7am and 8am was so busy in the 30 mins before I arrived that all the towels were used up and some two or three even discarded on the floor? I think not. I dried myself with a hand towel and said nothing on that first occasions, feeling very sorry for the septuagenarian who entered as I left. When we then went down for a swim before dinner, therefore, and again found there were no towels - not even hand towels at this point - and made a trip back up to reception to request some be put out whilst we swam and then returned 45 mins later to find they still had not been replaced you can imagine how angry I was. Mr partner made the trip up to reception again, in just swimming trunks and dripping with water, to request some. The staff didn’t know what to do but gave assurance someone would be down. He arrived a whole five minutes later with exactly four towels - two of these he dropped on the nearest bench to where we stood cold and dripping wet and the other two he shoved on a shelf. And then he left. He never said anything to us. We finished changing and went up and asked to speak to someone. Eventually Matthee turned up and looked very puzzled and impatient and couldn’t understand why we seemed to be lying about the towel situation. His whole attitude was “look at these two twenty-somethings.. they just want a free drink” and a free drink each is what he eventually begrudgingly offered. I was unimpressed - and I know he knew this - but my partner accepted. This wasn’t wanted then as we were going out for a meal so we agreed to pop by for them later. When we returned the reception staff scrawled “complaint” across the top of two cards and, handing them to us, directed us to the bar. The barman clearly knew what these were on spotting us carrying them so when finally we found something that they covered (these were price capped to cover only a single of something cheap or a beer) he didn’t even ask for payment or a room number and nor did he take the cards - leaving me to think that the receptionist who had said we had to use these as they needed them for the till or she would get in trouble or something was clearly lying, too. Would I stay in an Apex again? Maybe. Would I stay in this one next time I’m in Bath? Almost certainly not. Not unless I feel like being embarrassed and passed over for over £200/night. I think the fact it’s a huge new 4 star with spa, restaurant, pool, valet parking etc. and still ranked only 15th best in the city tells you all you need to know. The Premier Inn on the same road probably offers overall better value for money and that’s just embarrassing. Management, sort yourself out.

1  Thank bhunjan
FreyaC106, Front Office Manager at Apex City of Bath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Bhunjan

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your recent stay with us. I can assure you all your comments have been taken on board and cascaded to the relevant teams.

These are not our usual high standards and it appears that the cleaning of the leisure facilities were missed during your stay. Please be assured that further training will be provided for the relevant team members to ensure this was an isolated incident and It will not happen again in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a quick ‘stop over’ for myself, my husband and our daughter as my daughter was visiting Bath Uni.

We had booked a family room with breakfast included (£240) and also paid extra for valet parking as there is no car park at the hotel. This cost £30 but was well worth it as the car was collected from us on arrival, and promptly delivered back to us as we checked out.

We arrived at around 8.30pm after a long 6hr drive and were greeted with such a lovely warm welcome from the receptionist who enquired about our stay and proceeded to tell us all about how lovely Bath was and how the Uni was such a great place too. She gave us directions to nearby restaurants and bars so we could quickly go for food.

The room was spacious, lovely and modern, very luxurious and had everything we needed. Big comfy beds and the bathroom was modern and beautiful.

We all slept so well and breakfast was fab too. My daughter is coeliac so requires gluten free and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating to her needs. The staff we came into contact with during our short stay were all so pleasant and helpful.

Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire H

Dear Claire H

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am so pleased to see you have had a wonderful stay with us here at the Apex City of Bath.

We are so proud of our team here and how they go above and beyond for our guests, so its lovely to see you experienced this.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,