“So good we came back twice in one week”

De Gustibus Italian Delights
Ranked #32 of 648 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$13 - US$51
Description: Italian cuisine is known for its regional diversity, especially between the North and the South of the Peninsula. Our chef relies chiefly on the quality of authentic ingredients and on the contemporary cooking methods he is so passionate about. The character and atmosphere of De Gustibus Italian Delights is elegant and charming whilst at the same time friendly, warm and comfortable.
Reviewed October 18, 2018

The food is delicious, even the bread/oil starter, the bread is clearly home made. We especially enjoyed their take on Tiramisu.

The staff were friendly and the food punctual. The location is convenient and close to most of the attractions in Bath.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Arrived for a booked reservation to find restaurant closed. No warning telephone call or email. Very disappointed, unlikely to go there again or to recommend.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 21, 2018

Closed for three days last week due to "kitchen equipment problems" and, on our visit last night, there was one person in the kitchen and one front of house, What a comparison.to the last time we went when there were several waiters and a few in the kitchen.
Very odd.Consequently the service was slow and the dishes all came out at different times. On asking what the problem was I was fobbed off with "its holiday time and many of the staff are away".I don't think so. Having said that the food itself was good.If it returns to its former glory I'll be back but if not that's the end of a beautiful relationship,

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Went for lunch with friends before going to the theatre. The starter of poached egg with asparagus sauce was nice but the lasagne was tasteless. My friend and I had never had one like this before. Obviously not cooked as one dish as it usually is. Layers of too al dente pasta with more like cottage pie in between and a white sauce and a Parmesan crisp on the side. Not what we expected.

Unfortunately we were late arriving due to traffic so we were anxious about getting to the theatre on time. We explained this to the waiter who was curt and very unhelpful and we only just made the opening curtain but no thanks to him.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Kate L
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

This is my second visit here and I must say I was impressed with the consistency they provide over the dishes.So tasty and original.
Very attentive staff and not to intrusive,they took care of us like we were Royalty,I can say it is the best Italian Restaurant in Bath by far.
Will come back definitely