MacDonald Bath Spa Hotel
US$182
US$164
US$146
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$80
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$114
Priceline
US$92
PremierInn.com
4,844 results
All reviewsice roomimperial suitevellore restaurantsalt roomoutdoor poollovely hotelbath spaon arrivalcooked breakfastmolton brown toiletriesspecial occasionbirthday treatrelaxing staycar parkafternoon teacity centrefour poster bed
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I booked a WeightWatchers Magazine Spa Day including light lunch and a 30 min treatment. The Spa area was good, but I have a few points to make.

1. Only 1 locked changing cubicle, the rest of the changing room is open plan. A few more for those of us who prefer privacy would be a good idea.

2. There is a old school type drinking fountain in changing room. However, I needed the water to take tablets and there are no cups provided. You can only imagine the nightmare that was to swallow the tablets and slurp from a fountain at the same time!

3. There is no water cooler dispenser or complimentary tea in the Spa Reception, just a bowl of highly polished apples! Not sure if for decoration or eating purposes.

3. Relaxation Room which you are taken to after a Spa Treatment has herbal/fruit teas, but no breakfast tea, which would have been a nice touch, for those of us who prefer real tea.

4. Lunch in Al Fresco dining area was lovely... organic salmon, followed by chocolate brownie! Livio the Lunch Manager was great, attentive and welcoming.

5. Stopped for tea and scone afterwards, and nearly had a heart attack at the prices. £4.50 for pot of tea and £4.50 for 1 scone with cream and jam. Lovely, but over-priced I think.

Lovely day after saying all that, but only on a discounted special offer price I think.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank LindaValentine50
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary with a 2 night stay at this hotel in July. We live in Bedfordshire and were travelling down to Cornwall and decided to stop off in Bath as my husband has always wanted to visit.
We reviewed the hotel online and yes, it's not cheap but it's a 5* hotel and I don't know any that are......
Upon approach the hotel looks magnificent. We arrived slightly early and our room wasn't ready but rather than wait we were told we had been upgraded to a suite. This was a lovely touch - I know it cannot happen every time for everybody but when it does it's fantastic.
Our suite was beautifully fashioned in a lovely contemporary style inkeeping with the hotel and grounds. Wonderfully comfortable and spacious.
We didn't make use of the spa facilities as we wanted to explore the city, however we did have a look around and I decided that I would be bringing my daughter back here for an 'after exams' treat as the pampering facilities looked superb.
Breakfast was delightful with ample choice and excellent service in a lovely airy room with views onto the back gardens.
we ordered room service on our first night as we were worn out after travelling and then walking around the city - delicious food that was served hot and within about 20 minutes of ordering.
If people complain that this is too expensive then I believe they need to compare it to other 5* star hotels and justify their comments. Regardless of our room upgrade I cannot fault this hotel and will definitely be returning.
Tip: We dined at The Olive Tree but wished we had taken evening meal here instead. The Olive Tree was extremely dissappointing with bad service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Tired rooms and laughably poor service. Gaffes in the surprisingly (at first) empty restaurant included: not taking our wine order until we were at table with our starters in front of us - then presenting us with a warm bottle of white wine. When this was commented upon, the 'sommelier' informed us that he would "leave it in the ice bucket for a bit"; inedible scallop starters, which were sent back but could not be replaced because "that's how chef cooks them". Equally poorly cooked fish main courses, but by then we had decided that the chef simply couldn't cook fish and had given up. Back in the bar a chocolate and banana based cocktail was delivered with a whispered "we've run out of chocolate" - a statement which upon inspection was undoubtedly true but astonishing nonetheless. The chocolate-less cocktail was promptly returned to the bar, to be replaced about half an hour later with one which did contain chocolate, although the recipient had rather gone off the idea by then.
Our overly warm room was presented to us as having a 'cooling system' - which we were told would not cool the room as the outside temperature was lower than the room temperature. We took this as an invitation to open the window. The bathroom had worn grouting and a sign over the bath asking us to ensure that the bath mat was in place and the shower curtain inside the bath - as neither item actually existed the advice seemed inappropriate/unnecessary.
The invitingly wide bed turned out to be two singles pushed together, with the inevitable chasm in the middle, although in fairness the bed was comfortable.
In compensation the staff were generally attentive, especially the door staff, the other staff being mainly clueless rather than deliberately ineffective. My wife's spa treatments were good if a little shorter than expected, but they should be good given the prices. With a bill of well over £500 per couple for a one night stay, I don't think we'll be back.

Room Tip: Choose one in a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John D
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Two night stay, dinner bed and breakfast for two....£496. Small bedroom, decent bathroom. All staff were excellent without exception. Some prices were crazy. £12.50 for a Gin, the tonic was extra. £5 to park your car for the night, you could park outside the hotel for free.Shame as the setting was great and I'll definately go back to Bath but not this Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Wish I had read trip advisor before booking this hotel. The prices for breakfast and lunch are so over priced and frankly not worthy of a premier inn. The hotel lacks any warmth or atmosphere it felt like you were sitting in a doctors waiting room in the bar or resturants. Please save your money and book in one of the many other hotels on offer. I also filled out a comments card before leaving the hotel and contacted the macdonald group but am still waiting.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family