2,618 results
All reviews brasserie blanc feature room queen square car park lovely hotel superior room afternoon tea central location classic room nespresso machine per night third floor bed was very comfortable royal crescent main attractions within easy walking distance eggs benedict
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have enjoyed a great stay here in Bath. There is parking - an absolute “must” if you have ever been here before - and we got such a warm welcome from the staff. The room (119) was superb and you are literally about a minute’s walk from Milson Street!
If the Francis had been here earlier, the Romans would probably have stayed on a bit!
Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank briandD1083IL
FrancisHotelBath, Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear briandD1083IL,

Thank you for your lovely and kind review. I am so pleased your welcome was so friendly, the team do always try and go the extra mile.

I am sure the Roman's would have chosen us to!

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

I came to Bath to visit my daughter and wanted to book the Francis as we had stayed here a long time ago and as we will be visiting regularly from now on I wanted to make sure it was right for us.
The staff were charming, hotel is beautifully decorated and our room was perfect, however when I rang down to say only 1 bag was in our room, i got a call back to ask me to describe it, another 10 mins later I went down and asked for the Manager, he first asked if I had left it in my car (she walked there and I got the train) and then when I went through it with him he admitted it may have gone to the wrong room.
20 minutes later when i was coming down to say I would be knocking on doors, he arrived with a brief “sorry” and that was it. My daughter is a student so was really upset, my 18th birthday necklace from Tiffany was in the bag, after that when i saw him he avoided my eye and the next morning as I checked out, I thought oh he is coming over to say “have that drink or coffee on us as an apology”, nothing not a word, he just watched us leave.
Such a shame as the room, the bar, the morning room, the breakfast were all perfect, never mind Bath Spa Hotel next time.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank AmandaJ2004

Dear AmandaJ2004

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Once again please do accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that was caused to you and your daughter whilst staying with is. I assure you it was never our intention to cause wither of you any upset. As explained via our direct feedback channel to you, the team experience a slight moment of confusion hence the error. However glad that the team rectified the situation swiftly.
Again I have raised your concerns with the team and assure you that every effort will be made to ensure that this does not repeat in the future.
I do hope that you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to Bath and allow us the opportunity to right any wrongs.

Kindest Regards
Hotel Operations Manager

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Perfect location close to all major attractions and local restaurants. Also a short taxi ride from the railway station though there is onsite parking at a price but appears limited. Friendly, helpful staff for which nothing was too much trouble. Comfortable lounge for a drink to end the day or start the evening. Only criticism was the breakfast with basics like eggs/ bacon running out and needing to chase people to get replacements to enable you to enjoy your breakfast. Look for the painting on the ceiling above the bed!

Room Tip: Suggest paying for an upgrade to get the bigger room with better amenities
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear BHewe54,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad you found the hotel in such a perfect position and we are very close to anything and the team are always happy to extend recommendations.

We are so happy to see you enjoyed relaxing in the bar and lounge areas, but I am sorry the restaurant ran out of the Breakfast items,, we do our very best to keep on top of the refilling of items, but am concerned we failed on this occasion and the feedback Has been passed on to the Brasserie Blanc General Manger to help me follow this up.

We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon

Reviewed October 8, 2018

My Husband and I stayed at this lovely Hotel for 2 nights to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, on entering our room we found A bottle of champagne and cookies, we thought this was a lovely gesture by the hotel. The room was clean and had everything we needed, excelent service and friendly staff, Great location.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
FrancisHotelBath, Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jasvir C,

Once again happy 40th wedding anniversary! we are glad the touches provided made the stay special for you.

We are lucky with the location of the hotel and we hope you enjoyed celebrating in all the great food and drink establishments that Bath has to offer.

We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Francis Hotel 3 nights Sept 10-13 and we enjoyed our stay. We had a king size bed, room was average size, wardrobe was ok for a 3 day visit. Bath was roomy and had a large shelf area which was great for us. The only Con with the room was a Step up into the Bathroom. Turned out not to be a problem for us but I did keep the bathroom light on in case we forgot in the middle of the night. The lobby was very nice and we loved the Bar area as well as the connected restaurant. Breakfast was buffet, but you could have ordered custom hot foods. The area was perfect for walking Bath - very central. We were on the 2nd floor and they do have a elevator/lift, but there was still one step in the hallway before getting to our room. Not a problem for us, but something to consider if you have mobility issues.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Henoma,

Thank you for your lovely review, we are so happy to see you had such a wonderful stay. We are sorry you found the step a little issue during the stay, we do have many rooms that have no steps, due to the listing status of the building we are unable to remove steps in to the bathrooms that have them. Please do feel free to request this on a return stay.

We hope we are able to welcome you back very soon.