1,623 results
All reviews art bar ski bar allium restaurant roman baths perfect location manvers street lovely hotel car park train station no air conditioning hotel bar christmas market booked this hotel small room one night stay thermae spa afternoon tea
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Hotel is in a great convenient location. Very close to all main attractions in Bath and closer to good restaurants. We stayed one night, and the room was small but comfortable for a few nights. Very friendly and helpful staff. Pricier than similar hotels around Bath, book early to get a reasonable rate.

We traveled by train from London and reached Bath early. Since the hotel is in the center of the town, we left our luggage at the reception. All site seeing tour buses starts in front of this hotel. If you are planning to visit Stonehenge, spend one night at Bath and take next day early morning tour.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Peter M, Front Office Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear HN_Wara,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay and we appreciate all feedback to help us improve the hotel and experience for our guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our central location.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our friendly and helpful staff. We always aim to be good value in Bath and I will take your comments on board to ensure we have competitive prices and do not seem too expensive.

We hope you stay with us again next time you are in Bath.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel’s location could not be better. It is surrounded by small shops & restaurants, and it is a 5 min. walk to the Bath Abbey & the fantastic Roman Baths. Service was pleasant & professional. The free breakfast was very good, and included several hot breakfast plates that could be ordered.

The only complaint we had was that wifi in our room was non-existent, weak, and spotty. Our room was off the lobby, but wifi was only accessible in an area 3 ft. from one wall of the room. My husband found the lobby had wifi, but it was small with no chairs, so he stood to do his internet!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read that the location of the hotel was perfect for your trip and you could explore Bath and take advantage of the shops and restaurants within a short walk of our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your great comments on breakfast to our chefs.

I understand that not having wi-fi is frustrating and after looking into a couple of technical issues we are happy to say we have resolved these to ensure we provide all of our guests with high speed internet in their rooms and the public areas.

Thank you again for your time and I hope you have the chance to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great staff, excellent location - very enjoyable stay. Despite a problem with my reservation, which wasn’t dealt with particularly well by reception/reservations, I then spoke to Peter who resolved the problem in a very professional manner. Thank you Peter for your help - I look forward to staying at the Abbey Hotel again when I next visit Bath.
Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear Roam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. I am sorry to hear that there was an error with your reservation but its a delight to read your compliments for the hotel, staff and location. I hope to be welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

The hotel’s photographs look great but he reality is VERY different!!

The hotel gives a dirty firetimpression - not from any building work going on but simply how old and used it was including grubby communal doors - and this got worse in our room.

The room was old and worn, absolutely nothing like the photographs, to the extent that we feel we have been missold and hencd we will be twking this up with trading standards.

First thing we noticed was that old blue carpet in the room had been patched up and consisted of at least 7 separate pieces, it wasn’t clean.

Second thing we noticed were brown dirt marks on the bathroom door and the panelling of the door hadn’t been dusted in quite some time - that’s obvious and without even looking at the even dustier door frame!

The pillow cases had brown spot marks on them that looked like fly pooh marks.

The bathroom sanitary ware needs descaling.

Bedside tables hadn’t been dusted either in at least several days.

The room was poorly made, pillows not plumped out, not even laid out straight on the bed.

The whole place was just grubby and unpleasant. Much better off going to a Premier Inn, at least they’re neat and tidy and clean!

These issues were not due to a cleaner doing a poor job on one occasion before we arrived, this is caused by POOR MANAGEMENT.

The room is on the ground floor, and has a door out onto the pavement. This door has been blocked by some furniture but it still doesn’t feel safe.

Immediately opposite the hotel is a bar with live music. It’s so noisy you might as well be trying to sleep in the bar itself. Right outside your window are people talking loudly, drunks etc.

The hotel advertises iteself as dog friendly - my dog’s bed is cleaner than this place. Definitely a hotel to avoid.

Room Tip: Live music right in front of hotel - avoid!
1  Thank bakje
Peter M, Front Office Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Bakje,

Thank you for your comments I am sorry to hear that many areas of the hotel did not meet the standards we strive to provide all of our guests.

Though some of the issues you have raised are out of our control like the noise from the local area we will be sure to rectify those that we can and ensure that our standard remain high.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

After a questionable start (desk staff couldn’t find reservation and delay in getting room) things improved. Rooms aren’t big but ours was comfortable and clean. Word of warning -if you can’t do steps l t them know. We had to go up 1 flights of steps, down a corridor in order to go down 2 flights of steps to reach our room. Quirky layout. Breakfast was standard buffet fare and coffee was quite good.

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for your review, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I am sorry that there was a delay in your arrival. We would recommend guests to notify us of any difficulty with stairs as you are correct, the Georgian building has a 'quirky' layout and some rooms can only be accessed via stairs.

I hope that you have the chance to stay with us again in the near future.