1,642 results
All reviews art bar ski bar allium restaurant roman baths manvers street perfect location lovely hotel car park train station no air conditioning hotel bar christmas market booked this hotel one night stay thermae spa afternoon tea third floor
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

My sister booked this hotel for 5 of us for my mother’s 85th birthday weeks ago and explained that we would like the rooms next to each other we booked the superior doubles . we were told we could check in at 3 pm ... we arrived early and told the rooms weren’t ready and shouldn’t be to long so we had a drink in the bar and waited and waited to be given one room at a time , now 4.30 and at long last ready not good to be told they were short staffed and hadn’t the staff to clean the rooms and even the reception staff had to help out .. I call that BAD MANAGEMENT.....ummmmm not sure where the word superior comes from very standard double rooms over looking the busy square , the corridors were pulled high with dirty linen I have never seen anything like this ,,, one of our rooms smelt of cooking as it was over the restaurant so we asked to be moved also only 2 of the rooms were together and we did ask weeks ago to all be together they were definitely not superior
we had to keep the blinds closed as you could see in our rooms from the street and the buses passing that was the rooms ...
well the restaurant another story my sister visited the hotel the week before to organise everything she arrived early in the day with Balloons and a cake for my Mum she chose the table and gave the staff the balloons! When we went into the restaurant no balloons the waiter hadn’t a clue what we were talking about when asked where they were he fetched the manager to say oh I’m sorry my fault I forgot ! Forgot is not good enough ... the restaurant is a shambles the menu was very limited starters pumpkin soup no pumpkin soup it’s now cauliflower fish chicken or lamb but wait for it no fish to be told oh we only had two portions and they had gone umm well lamb or chicken to be told oh we are limited as menu changing in a day or so ... if we had been told earlier we would have gone elsewhere as when it did arrive food was cold by now we just laughed as it was a complete joke and made the best of it we were all so embarrassed for my mother’s special day ....
We won’t return in a hurry all the places to choose from as well

Stayed: October 2018
1  Thank Casshay
Peter M, Front Office Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2018

Dear Casshay,

Thank you for your time in writing such a details review though I am sorry to hear that your stay was not to the standard we strive to provide our guests. I can understand that on such an important occasion you were disappointed by the standard of the room and restaurant.

We always try to put groups as close together as possible and I will be reviewing this personally as I can see that this was not the case on your stay. I am sorry to hear that the standard of the room was not to your expectation and we will work hard to ensure all the rooms are to the high standards that we strive to provide our guests.

We have recently undergone a detailed training course with all of the restaurant team and opened a new restaurant which we hope will be to the highest level of service and food for all of our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

The hotel is in a great location! 5 minute walk from Bath Spa train station, 2-3 minutes from the Roman Baths, 10 minutes to the Royal Crescent, not far from the sky-line trail. The bed was comfortable. Shower water pressure good, helpful staff. Certainly there are imperfections but nothing unexpected in an older building. The street noise can be disturbing. Numerous tour buses and a few nearby bars can bothersome for sleep. Our room faced the square and was directly over the entrance. A fan in the room did help drown out some of the noise (along with earplugs). Bring earplugs and/or get a room facing the back if you want the best chance for quiet. We felt the location was worth any drawbacks and would happily stay again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gpdm

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took full advantage of our very central location in the city. We are aware of some improvements and there are already plans to improve the sound insulation of some of our front facing rooms as we are located so centrally there is passing noise close to the front of the hotel.

I will be sure to thank the staff for their helpful and friendly attitude and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

This is very near Bath Abbey, Roman Baths, famous tearooms, Visitor Information Center, City Sightseeing bus stops, M&S, and a meeting place for small group tours. Very convenient for sightseeing. And maybe 5 min. walk from the railway station.
Staff were friendly and kind to check the schedules of our trains.
We stayed in a Standard Double room facing a square on the 1st floor.
I thought it had some needs to be improved.
1) Upper window was not completely closed. A maintenance staff closed it with his all strength. Once closed, we had to keep it closed until the checkout.
2) No fridge and no in-room safe. (I had known it as a non-air-conditioned room)
3) Noisy drunken voices from the front square made me awakened around midnight.
4) The toiletries here were not my cup of tea.
5) A bulb of a chandelier was out during our stay.
******
Our England trip started from Bath, from this hotel.
On the whole, the stay here was fun.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank japanguide
Peter M, Front Office Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear JapanGuide,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay with us, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our central location and helpful staff.

We appreciate all feedback and I will be looking into the points you have raised and we will make changes where possible to improve the experience of our guests.

In reference to the points you have raised we are currently in the process of addressing the windows and adding further sound insulation to reduce the noise heard from outside. We are also looking at a more luxury supplier of toiletries and other amenities in the room to further improve your stay.

Thank you again for your time and I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you visit Bath.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Used the bar here for drinks it was great the interior is interesting to look at and the drinks great. You also sit outside here which is great one day may try the hotel and the food. Location is very central

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Gary,

Thank you for your feedback on our ArtBar. The team is very happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed the drinks, we have recently opened a new restaurant so I hope you have the chance to visit us again and sample the food and drinks again.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

We stayed here as they accept dogs and we needed somewhere close to the center.
Knowing bath well, we knew this was a fab location.
Slightly annoying that the hotel dont have an parking facility but this didn't put us off.
The staff were so nice with our cocker spaniel and our 6 month old daughter.
They made sure we were comfy and had everything we needed.
The breakfast was simple but effective.
The staff were all pleasant and we really enjoyed our stay.
The room was so hot as the UK was going through a heat wave and they provided us a fan, however being so central it was very noisy with the windows also open.
Although the room was small it had everything we needed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear K M,

Thank you for your comments and I am happy to hear your stay was welcoming and comfortable. I can understand parking is a frustration and we do share this with other hotels in Bath having to rely on the city run car parks for our guests.

I will pass on your thanks to the team and keep working hard to ensure that all of our guests are comfy and relaxed during their stay. All of our staff are big lovers of dogs and we are always happy to welcome guests on all fours.

The heatwave that we experienced this summer was very unusual we have taken on board comments from yourself and other guests and will be looking at improving the sound and cooling of our rooms.