1,284 results
All reviews grand suite empire room zen room darwin room tulip room chinese room city centre bath abbey lovely hotel beautiful garden rugby ground breakfast was excellent ten minute walk car park top floor underfloor heating breakfast room
Reviewed October 12, 2018

Hotel excellent, staff very helpful and friendly. had a two night stay. large room with a large comfortable bed. Room very clean as was the bathroom with lovely large bath to have a good long soak in, Breakfast excellent quality freshly cooked to order with good choice of hot and col food. Again staff at breakfast very attentive and service excellent.
Bath is a great place to visit really great city. Had afternoon tea in Pump Room it was gorgeous.
Would highly recommend visit to Bath and to stay at the Ayrlington.

Room Tip: Room at rear overlooking garden was very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MWK1973
Reviewed October 9, 2018

It seemed like a nice enough hotel, but we had a terrible experience. Definitely avoid having your first day start on a Sunday. The receptionist we spoke with on the phone seemed nice enough, but she sent our confirmation email to a wrong address even though I had slowly & deliberately spelled it out for her. She charged us for 3 nights, even though we only wanted 2. We discussed the possibility of 3, but we stated that we only wanted to book for 2. She put us in a dark basement room which probably had the worst view of any of the rooms - there wasn't a view. She lied about the Chinese room being unavailable - the receptionist the next day told us that we could have stayed in the less-expensive, much brighter room with a view for 2 nights. After much back and forth, he finally did allow us to not be charged the full price for the third day and leave after staying there for 2 nights. It's a shame to taint one's experience of Bath with such poor customer service. Seems like there are plenty of other places to stay, hopefully with people who actually care about their customers.

Room Tip: Avoid the Stove Room - dark basement room without a view
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KWoman12
Ayrlington, Manager at The Ayrlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am really sorry and most disappointed that your stay was not as you or I intended. I can only apologise that you encountered a communication problem whilst booking your room at the hotel.

We have many guests that request the room in question for its super king size bed, luxurious bathroom and the original Victorian cooking range despite its limited external view. I do appreciate that it is down to personal expectation and I can only apologise that we have not met with your expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

It's the third time we have stayed at the Ayrlington in bath and we can't see ourselves staying anywhere else. Great rooms, location, breakfast and helpful staff. Ticks all the boxes and more. Love it here.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wildman39
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a surprise for my husbands birthday. Having looked on the hotel website I was very excited as it looked lovely. When booking I requested if it was possible to have a complimentary gesture of fruit or something special as it was his birthday. I was willing to pay for this if necessary to add a nice touch to our weekend.nothing was suggested nor provided ..that was a little let down. When we arrived the man at reception was very helpful and cheery. We were shown to our room on the top floor. Upon entering I could smell a musky damp smell. Me and my husband both looked at each other with the same opinion in regards to the size of the bed. It was the smallest double bed I had seen and we have stayed in many hotels. The bathroom was clean but the shower pressure was pathetic.when we slept that night myself and my husband both fell out of bed because there was simply not enough space . The bed linen also had a musky cheesy smell , not sure if this had been aired properly but that’s all we could smell on the quilt and pillows. The breakfast was superb and of high quality also the location was very good. Would I stay here again? Maybe.. if the room/bed/shower were better .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank loveaholiday115
Reviewed October 1, 2018

My husband and I had booked in to the Ayrlington for our wedding anniversary, and could not have been any more delighted. We were given a free upgrade, to the most beautifully decorated room without us even asking. Johnny was the friendliest and most helpful host we've ever come across at a hotel, giving us information on which places to visit and recommending restaurants. The location was excellent as well, as it's within walking distance of the town center and very easy to find. The breakfast was superb. In all honestly, we could not fault this little gem and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple