All reviewslovely landladywould highly recommend a stay hereminute walk into the city centreholburne museumsydney gardensb and ba lovely place to stayexplore bathpermitcomfort
Reviewed July 11, 2015

We stayed in the beautiful four poster room, lovely and clean good nights sleep. Although the shower was over the bath, water from the tap it was lovely and hot. Full English breakfast was very nice, cooked well, I like Green Tea and a pot was brought to the table. The B&B was an excellent base to visit Bath on foot, we had dinner in Sally Lunn's which was lovely, although the owner was a bit miserable. Visits to No. 1 The Crescent, Holburne Museum Architectural Museum of Building Bath and Thermae Bath Spa (2hr Welcome package) was great - a fantastic weekend in Bath we will definately be returning.

We too booked online and after reading the small print, which said that if you think you might be arriving late inform your B&B direct, which we did and I also asked about parking and was given a permit. It also said that some B&B's haven't got a chip & pin facility, so I checked on the Greenways website and it stated that payment needed to made in cash or cheque (some reviewers need to read the SMALL PRINT!!) Research is the key.

Stayed: June 2015
Reviewed June 19, 2015

After a bit of confusion as to our time of arrival, we were met with a warm and friendly welcome. The house is lovely and feels cozy and is an easy walk into the city centre. The relaxed atmosphere made for a very enjoyable experience, too. Good breakfast, clean rooms, and our dog was welcomed too. The recommendations on area restaurants were off the beaten track, and delightful! All in all, we would return to this lovely and friendly establishment.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2015 via mobile

Plain and simply this B&B should not be recommended.

The two women who run this are rude and absolutely crackers.

I arrived with no welcome, awoke with no tea at breakfast, washed in a cold shower and received an afternoon phone call complaining I hadn't said goodbye.

I had a problem with payment too. Having booked with my card online they refused to accept it on the day and requested cash (if I didn't pay with cash they would call the police). Who carries hundreds of pounds of cash with them and why did I have to give them all my details in the first place?

All in all too many obligations not known in advance. Not a pleasant experience.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2015

I don't normally write reviews, good or bad as I believe letting people know my opinion in person is fairer. We contacted the Greenways a few weeks ago in search of 1 night booking over the weekend. We are running Bath Half on Sunday and only needed Saturday night stay. We were over the moon when the lady agreed as Bath have the 2 night weekend rule, which is rarely broken. She said the twin room we were after rarely gets booked and we could have it for 1 night. She even offered a possibility to return after the race and taking a shower, which we thought was very kind of her. We were looking forward to returning to Bath for our race. Until... on Tuesday my husband got an answer phone message from Greenways... They were sorry but they had a better offer, i.e. someone requested 2 nights vs our 1 night, and they reserved our confimred room for the other party. We felt this was wrong on so many levels! Basic human for one, then leaving us without accommodation just a few days before the race on the other. My husband contacted the lady to express his disappointment and to say this was not right. He mentioned complaining to Bath Tourist Board to which she said he should. The basic argument behind all this was the money and the lady suggested this was not wrong as we could have cancelled as well... We understand that trying to make a small business work is hard work. But possibly Greenways managers should not be in the hospitality industry where there is involvement with real people who have feelings and do not appreciate their time being wasted... Life is stressful enough without people like that adding to it...

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
LisalisaG, Online booking assistant at Greenways, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2015

I am really sorry about your recent experience at Greenways. It is my job to keep an eye on the online bookings and relay them to Pat and, although uncommon, rooms can be double booked at the same time. I received an online booking from a customer through the Bath Tourism Website for 2 nights and when I called Pat to let her know, she had already taken your booking. Unfortunately the contract with Bath Tourism means we have to honour any online bookings as the customer pays them a commission when making the booking. Greenways does operate a two night booking policy at weekends although Pat does waive this in certain circumstances. It was a shame that in your case she was unable to offer you the room as the other guests had already paid a deposit to The Bath Tourism board.

Reviewed February 4, 2015

My husband and I spent 2 nights staying here whilst visiting Bath. Pat the owner was very welcoming, the en-suite room was beautifully furnished and the breakfast each morning was delicious. My husband was particularly pleased with the coffee served from an espresso coffee machine. We would highly recommend a stay here. It was also within walking distance from the town and we had free parking just outside the property.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple