“Elegant house. Excellent location. Wonderful Landlady.”
Review of Greenways

Greenways
Ranked #127 of 159 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 October 2015

When we arrived (after a very long drive) we were given a warm welcome from Pat the landlady. She announced that she was putting us into the four poster room for four nights, and what a room. The room, as well as the rest of the house is very elegant, but most of all comfortable with a friendly feel.

The rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towels supplied. The breakfasts are delicous - a full cooked breakfast, with a choice of how you want your eggs cooked. Fresh strawberries and blueberries and my favourite prunes with natural yoghurt. Toast and jams. It really set you up for the day of touring the City of Bath.

The location of the B&B is literally 10 to 15 minutes from town, which is ideal after a day of walking around the beautiful city.

The landlady Pat is one in a million and she should be very proud of providing her guests with what felt like to us home from home.

Room Tip: The four poster bed room was an absolute delight to stay in.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zazz-zahr

Reviewed 4 October 2015

If you want a good priced, comfortable stay in Bath, with a fab breakfast, then Greenways is the place to stay!

This lovely B&B is set in beautiful gardens, very close to Bath city center (10-15 min walk). I shared the twin room with my Mum for 3 nights, and we had everything we needed, from tea and coffee facilities, a flat screen t.v. and a collection of high end magazines! The room was clean, and beds were made up every day while we were out. A lovely set of complimentary toiletries were provided in the shower room alongside very soft towels. The area of Bathwick is very quiet, and we slept well during our stay.

The breakfast was amazing, and the owner Pat, was an absolute joy. A lady who has a huge amount of knowledge and love for the city of Bath. We didn't feel like guests at Greenways, we felt like Pat's friends coming to stay in this elegant B&B. The gardens at Greenways are beautiful (understatement).......from the beautiful roses, to the apple trees and many sparrows fighting to get to the bird feeders, very much a suburban oasis.

Pat was very helpful with recommending restaurants, cafes, parks, taxis etc and we constantly felt right at home. As we had our car with us, Pat was able to provide us with a guest parking permit, which we used throughout our stay, a very useful extra considering how difficult it is to park in Bath.

10/10 for Greenways, we will definitely return in the very near future.

Room Tip: All rooms are well positioned.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Clare S
Reviewed 26 September 2015

The house is elegantly furnished and my four poster bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and served in the conservatory overlooking the lovely cottage garden. It is quietly situated with a flat 10 minute walk into the city. Parking is easy. Pat is a lovely hostess and I was so pleased to have found Greenways - I hope to return!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2015

I stayed at the Greenways B&B in Bath with my husband to be, my sister and brother in law. Upon arrival the lady of the house welcomed us and made us feel very comfortable. She was accommodating and very friendly. Loved her. Our rooms were spacious, clean and beautifully decorated (unless one is into colourless and pristine hotel rooms)! The location was excellent too. Everything one may need is within walking distance.

On the morning of our second day, my and my now husband's children (4) joined us for breakfast. Pat was incredibly efficient (with her assistants) in catering for 8 and keeping everyone happy.

All in all, had a fabulous time and would go back again, any time.

Room Tip: Both rooms we had were lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2015

We stayed in the beautiful four poster room, lovely and clean good nights sleep. Although the shower was over the bath, water from the tap it was lovely and hot. Full English breakfast was very nice, cooked well, I like Green Tea and a pot was brought to the table. The B&B was an excellent base to visit Bath on foot, we had dinner in Sally Lunn's which was lovely, although the owner was a bit miserable. Visits to No. 1 The Crescent, Holburne Museum Architectural Museum of Building Bath and Thermae Bath Spa (2hr Welcome package) was great - a fantastic weekend in Bath we will definately be returning.

We too booked online and after reading the small print, which said that if you think you might be arriving late inform your B&B direct, which we did and I also asked about parking and was given a permit. It also said that some B&B's haven't got a chip & pin facility, so I checked on the Greenways website and it stated that payment needed to made in cash or cheque (some reviewers need to read the SMALL PRINT!!) Research is the key.

Stayed: June 2015
Reviewed 19 June 2015

After a bit of confusion as to our time of arrival, we were met with a warm and friendly welcome. The house is lovely and feels cozy and is an easy walk into the city centre. The relaxed atmosphere made for a very enjoyable experience, too. Good breakfast, clean rooms, and our dog was welcomed too. The recommendations on area restaurants were off the beaten track, and delightful! All in all, we would return to this lovely and friendly establishment.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

Plain and simply this B&B should not be recommended.

The two women who run this are rude and absolutely crackers.

I arrived with no welcome, awoke with no tea at breakfast, washed in a cold shower and received an afternoon phone call complaining I hadn't said goodbye.

I had a problem with payment too. Having booked with my card online they refused to accept it on the day and requested cash (if I didn't pay with cash they would call the police). Who carries hundreds of pounds of cash with them and why did I have to give them all my details in the first place?

All in all too many obligations not known in advance. Not a pleasant experience.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends