1,446 results
All reviews homemade biscuits pulteney bridge a small double room quiet street breakfast was amazing roman baths full english perfect location muesli top floor easy walking distance kippers breakfast menu main attractions few minutes walk comfortable bed city centre
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Very central to Bath & within walking distance to transport hubs, attractions & restaurants.
Breakfast a delight, homemade bread, good quality ingredients & Igor a happy character.
Basement room was tastefully furnished, quiet & cosy with a garden aspect through the window.

Room Tip: Basement garden room was quiet & cosy.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2018

What a lovely place to stay; nothing is too much trouble, the staff are wonderful, the rooms well thought out. The breakfast was a delight, with home-made jams, bread, cakes, pastries, freshly squeezed real fruit juices and an extensive range of cooked items. There is parking available at a price, but that is the norm in Bath, if it is even available. It is in a quite area adjacent to Pultney Bridge, and only 4 mins walk to the roman baths. I cannot recommend Henrietta House enough, thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: We had, No 7, it was on the ground floor, had a small balcony, and was well thought out, with everything you need.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Henrietta House was the first place I booked for my husband and my UK vacation, and it may well be the best place. Before we ever arrived, staffed communicated via email, offering recommendations and advice. Upon arrival to this charming property (what Americans might call a boutique hotel), my husband and I were instantly smitten with the lovely decor. Olaf, the man working reception, was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. He told us about some amazing places to eat that are right on the doorstep of this well-located hotel. When he walked us to our room, I was overjoyed when we opened the door and were greeted by the most precious room imaginable. This place is just wonderful!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2018

This might be a good hotel. The reviews says so. So I wanted to try and went to have a look at the hotel since I was in Bath. Often am.
Looked at rooms and decided to book. The hotel advised me to book through them and not booking.com.
They sent me a provisional booking (four rooms) and also told me that there was not rush, I had a couple of weeks to decide and come up with credit card details since this was a booking long ahead in time.
When I contacted the hotel five days after to give my credit card details they (did not deny the booking confirmation), but claimed they could not find my booking in their system. (although they first recognised my reference number).
Everybody can make mistakes and double bookings may occur. But Henrietta Hotel made absolutely no attempt to correct the mistake. They had given "my rooms" to somebody else, did not reverse the situation, find any other solution. In fact, hardly gave an excuse - Although I had let go of other favourable options by trusting them. Neither to they answer my e mails asking them about this.
This might be a good hotel. I don't know. I never got a chance to live there because they do not have a trustworthy booking system and do not take care of the mistake they make worthy of a respectable business.

Room Tip: Book through booking.com or another agency. Not the hotel. They might mess up
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bjornwh
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

It is a good place to stay except for one drawback. A sunny afternoon in mid-June, temperatures in the 70s and our room faced west and it was almost hot inside. There was a fan which helped considerably, but it was warmer than was comfortable. Yet it cooled off at night and the room was fine for sleeping. The bathroom was beautifully updated. The hotel has an elevator (the staff person said that zoning restrictions now prohibit historic properties from installing elevators, so if steps are a problem, consider staying here).
What is good is the location, with a short pretty walk into the center of historic Bath; looking down on the river was lovely, too. The hotel is lovely and cared for and clean.
Breakfast was outstanding. You have a choice of several hot items along with a full range of cold breakfast foods. I tried Welsh rarebit, and it was fantastic. It's a simple meal, hearty slices of homemade bread slathered with a roux of cheese, mustard and Worcestershire sauce, and baked in a hot oven. Tangy, cheesy and delicious. Like the waiter said, full of calories and every single one tastes divine.
In sum, the historic loveliness and charm and cleanliness, and the outstanding breakfast, outweighed the summer heat that made the room a bit uncomfortable on a June afternoon. I'm glad we stayed there, but if I had just needed to rest after arriving, it might have been a bit unpleasant. So, don't rest. Stroll into Bath to see the beautiful town, shop, gaze at the sights, and then after the sun has gone down, head back to Henrietta House.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple