2,108 results
All reviews cloisters restaurant conservatory bar hand picked hotels handpicked hotels new wing lovely hotel the main house executive room coffee machine afternoon tea fresh milk in the fridge buffet style on arrival main restaurant city centre every member of staff dvd player
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Treated myself and a friend for an overnight in bath. We didn't stay in the main house but the court. The room was a separate building but easily joined to the main house. The view across the outskirts of bath was lovely. Parking was busy but once the conference attendees left could park easily. The rooms were stunning. The staff were very helpful

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank pingu36dd
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear pingu36dd,
Thank you for giving us top marks. I'm really pleased that you and your friend had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed the bedroom you were allocated. With so much to do and see in the local area I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards
Martin Heap
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Lovely hotel . Perhaps a little over priced for a 4 star . Be aware 1.8 miles from centre , But the good news is the bus drops off , and stops at the bottom of hotel ,No lighting around the hotel , as Brocken . As we don't drive not good

Date of stay: April 2018

Dear jondix64,
Thank you for your review. Whilst pleased you have given us 5 stars I am sorry that you deem our prices to be over priced for what we offer. I hope this will not deter you from using Handpicked Hotels again.
Kind regards
Martin Heap
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in this lovely well presented grade 1 listed building, what can I say from the time you drive upto the hotel and are taken to your room..! WOW...!! very well laid out bar/lounge very nice we didn’t get to see the restaurant which was my fault, for not booking in advance like the email advised too before our stay.. so will do next time. Breakfast again everything you could want and more, room service a bit slow the 1 night but hotel was very busy saying that all the food was lovely cannot fault anything, stuff very friendly and helpful. Will defiantly return one day.
Thanks

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Ian S, We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed a well deserved relaxing weekend here in Bath. Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind comments following your recent stay at Bailbrook House Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to Bath for that promised return.
Keith Turnbull

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We stayed for 3 nights. Our room was lovely and arranged by the concierge that it was close to where our car was parked.
The breakfast was great with the option to have some items freshly cooked rather than from the buffet.
We had a lovely meal in the Cloisters on our 2nd night. On our first night we had room service as my husband wasn't well. Tomato soup wasn't on the menu but they made it for him anyway.
A hotel where the staff go the extra mile

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Tricia M,
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind comments following your recent stay here at Bailbrook House Hotel.
I look forward to sharing your kind feedback with our Chef about the tomato soup that was made for your husband as that has just made my day
We look forward to welcoming you back to Bath in full health in the near future.
Keith Turnbull

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Very disappointing. certainly expected better service considering the room rate. There was a big problem with understaffing. Our event on the Saturday night consisted of over 100 guests, yet only one member of staff was behind the bar. Clean glasses were in very short supply and bar prices were exceptionally high ( over £30 for a bottle of House wine! ). We also had problems with the room, the sink wasn't even attached to the worktop. Concerns were raised but the staff didn't seem that bothered. Was promised a call from the manager which never came.

Room tip: Book another hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Colin B

Dear Colin B,
May I thank you for taking the time and trouble to pass on your most helpful feedback. I was most disappointed to read of your experiences regarding our function bar service on this occasion and would like to add my apologies to those already received.

I would be most grateful if you could contact me regarding the date of the event in order that we may investigate further, as we have not hosted any recent events for over 100 guests. Our house red and wines are £24.

Please do contact me directly in order that I may understand more as to how this shortfall occurred,
Keith Turnbull,