2,091 results
All reviews cloisters restaurant conservatory bar hand picked hotels handpicked hotels new wing the main house lovely hotel executive room john wood coffee machine afternoon tea fresh milk in the fridge on arrival buffet style main restaurant every member of staff city centre
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of days with my partner during her conference and tours
Have to say it’s a remarkable place really well thought out and clean like a grade two listed building
We stayed in the Jane Austen room. WOW 4 poster bed with large flatscreen tv that comes out of end of bed and the bed itself is unreal ! Best nights sleep I’ve had in a while lol
Food was also very good breakfatbid buffet style and it was all very well cooked and fresh even the eggs were runny , being a chef myself I know how much hassle breakfasts can be but the kitchen team here have it well sown up the food on the last night Gala dinner was also very good , the beef was cooked perfectly and the mash was London restaurant quality of not better !
Room service was also good still hot and served great rooms are all exceptionally clean and I have to give a massive shout out to Warrick one of the staff here ! He helped my partner Trina loads while she was choosing this place and doing tastings ! He’s an absolute geezer ! and they should cherish him as he defo has the customer service charter well sorted ! All the staff are very friendly the receptionists are very helpful
I would defo stay at this place again it’s a must if your coming to bath
Well Done guys top place !

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Tonychef1098
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your superb comments following your recent stay here at Bailbrook House Hotel whilst attending a recent event wit your partner.
To be recognised for our food by a fellow Chef, has genuinely made our kitchen team's day thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Bath in the near future
yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 7, 2018

We somehow got a little confused we were looking for this place - there were two hotels with a similar name, we got there in the end though.
When we arrived a very large group of tourists with a tour guide had arrived just before us, so all was chaos at reception. I think the staff were a little stressed, and to save us inconvenience and as we had prepaid, we were able to skip booking in formalities and just shown to our room.
The hotel was ok, not as special as I had thought it might be, but nothing wrong with it either. Perfectly comfortable. The staff were helpful and the grounds were very nice. Perhaps I was just travel tired and a little stressed.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank slinky1100
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear slinky1100,
Thank you for your review.
Whilst pleased that you found the team to be helpful I am sorry that your initial arrival to the hotel was not as you or I would have expected. I can only apologise that you did not find the hotel to be as special as you had thought and hope this will not deter you from using Hand Picked Hotels in the future.
Best regards

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Went for afternoon tea with a friend today and we’d booked in advance 2-3 weeks ago for my afternoon tea to be dairy free. Was very disappointed to be presented with supermarket cakes instead of home baked. I had dry finger sandwiches, dairy-free scones with jam but no dairy-free butter, and the supermarket cakes as pictured. The pink item is a Trek bar - come on Bailbrook House you can do so much better than this for £21.50.
I would like to say the venue and waiting staff were lovely, I’m sure if I hadn’t been lactose intolerant I’d have had a wonderful experience.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sheila P

Dear Sheila P,
I am really sorry that your recent Afternoon Tea experience was not enjoyed and you feedback will be shared with our Head Chef in due course. We pride ourselves on our flexibility in providing an array of food for guests with dietary intolerances and allergies and I can only apologise for the poor impression you have following your visit to us.
Kind regards

Reviewed October 6, 2018

We had booked a 1 night stay here on Friday to break our journey home from a holiday in Cornwall, and as a treat for my husband's 'big' birthday, and what a treat it turned out to be. The reception staff were really welcoming and efficient and gave a very good first impression when we arrived. Our room in the modern wing was large, the bed very comfortable. We had a delicious dinner in the atmospheric Cloisters restaurant and a lovely touch was that Warwick spoke to all the diners to check that they were happy with everything and made time for a genuine chat. We had been told on check in that breakfast would be in a different restaurant but when we returned to our room we found a letter from reception inviting us to return to Cloisters next morning, where we were served a perfectly cooked full English breakfast and were able to enjoy the fantastic view of the hotel's grounds which we hadn't been able to see the previous evening - it was a lovely surprise - and Warwick was there again, making all the guests feel special. He is so knowledgeable about the hotel too - what a star! We didn't want to leave and I'm sure we will return.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear 630pauline,
Thank you so much for your 5 star review and your kind words. I'm delighted that you both enjoyed your stay with us and that Warwick stood out to you for his genuine level of hospitality and service. The team will be thrilled with your feedback and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to watch the Friday night rugby. Lovely setting and just outside of the city so super convenient. Our room was not in the main building but in a modern annex. Room was very comfortable and had all you would expect. Nice teas and coffees. Price was alright perhaps a little more due to the rugby being on that day.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear ChrisGB1981,
Thanks for writing your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us whilst visiting the area and I do hope we will be on your 'return' list should you be staying in the area again.
Kind regards