“thank you for help and understanding”
Review of Roban House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Roban House
Ranked #25 of 40 Speciality Lodging in Bath
Rome, Italy
“thank you for help and understanding”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Our plane was delayed and we arrived in Bath very late and very lost. We called a couple of places we found on the internet but no one was interested in helping. Luckily we found Roban House where the people were really interested in helping us out. They came to meet us despite that they were already closed for the night. They offered us very comfortable and cosy accommodation which was not expensive, very clean and had all we needed for a few days. The beds, bed linen and fluffy bath sheets made us stay in more rather than wandering round the city, for this reason we extended our stay and changed our plans making Bath our main location. We have since recommended this guest house to all our friends in Italy. Thank you again for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martina a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Greeted by an immediate wall of hostility by the rudest, most disgusting woman I’ve ever encountered. Room was dingy and the bed uncomfortable. When I said (very nicely) that my room was freezing (the radiator wasn’t working) I was barked at by this awful woman who said YOU SHOULD MOVE AROUND MORE. She is a grim disgrace, she absolutely ruined my birthday weekend away and she should be sacked. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Megan M
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The hosts were just charming. Very helpful but not intrusive. I appreciated the cleanliness of my room and the wonderful bed linen. I wanted to be left alone and this is what happened although I appreciated that the hosts were just on the end of the phone. I had piece and quiet, saw and heard no one. The city centre was only 10 mins away and a lovely Italian cafe ( cafe 84) nearby served freshly made food at very reasonable prices. All in all very satisfying stay.

Room Tip: mine was the double en-suite
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank zofia k
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed at Roban House for three nights and loved our accommodation. Our room was clean, looked lovely, had plenty of storage and had the best bed I have ever slept in! Seriously, it was incredibly comfortable and had the best linen ever. Otherwise, I really appreciated the strong Wi-fi which is often rubbish, if not completely absent, with plenty of other accommodation providers. Our host was helpful, very patient and understanding with our late arrival. She was also happy to look after our bags well after our checkout time while we went off for a last look around Bath before catching our train.

The location is slightly out of the centre of Bath but is not a far walk from the attractions. I think there's a bus that goes down the road into the town centre if you don't feel like walking. In short, a really nice place to stay in a beautiful small city.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Greenfairy38
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Me and my partner have chosen The Roban House as a last minute option when decided to go out of London for couple of days. We contacted directly the place and agreed very reasonable last minute rate. On the top of that we got free upgrade to a very nice room which had a massive bed (I supposed super king size), which made a big difference, especially to me as Im in my 7 month pregnancy and as bigger bed as better! :) Very comfortable bedding too, egyptian cotton sheets, the room was clean, all facilities you need in the room such a TV, kettle, fridge... The owner, Anna was very helpful during our stay, reccomending the places and things to see and do.. The location was good too, 15 minutes from the centre, which I think is much nicer than to stay in the centre which I suppose is a bit noisy during the night, lot of students around. In overall, very pleased with the stay there, definitelly come back :)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesli X
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Roban House very much thanks to the time the management spent on helping us sort car hire, book the next leg of our European tour. very hospitable and comfortable especially that we did not hear anybody else during our stay although there were other guests staying there at the same time. we wish we could have stayed longer, perhaps on our next tour.

Room Tip: if want super big bed get one of their twin/double conversions
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gail_walsh71
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We were on a good trip round England, trying to fit in as much as possible. We were very happy to stay with Roban House. The owners were very friendly and helpful, and told us a lot of things about Bath. The room was very clean and we had a very good stay. I would recommend this place to any visitor.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple