“Friendly service, tasty lunch.”

Wish You Were Here Cafe
Ranked #18 of 56 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

This from the outside looked like a no thrills traditional English cafe. When we entered we were quickly acknowledged and sat at a cleanly prepared table. Although not busy when we visited sittings seemed to indicate this may get busy at peak.
We ordered the soup which came out in good time . It had a real home cooked flavour which was better than I have had in many restaurants. The accompanying brown bread was particularly tasty and a generous portion. With. the butter provided it would have been a treat on its own.
Prices were not the budget end but reflected the service and the quality of the food.
As we left into the murky afternoon we were offered the use of an umbrella. Such genuine concern for a visiting strangers have I rarely come across before.
Even if the food had not been as tasty, they would deserve 5 stars for that.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

I had the 'weekly special' (bangers and mash) and while it was a basic dish, it was also very tasty, with great gravy, well-made mash and juicy sausages. It came with a free coffee. Friendly efficient service. I was there about 4pm but (unlike some cafes in Glastonbury) the hot meals were still available. (I know, it seems crazy to write this - but there are cafes in this town where it can actually be a problem!)

Reviewed September 24, 2017

My boyfriend and I first visited Glastonbury in May together. We were very excited so we got there pretty early when nothing was open like our typical unorganized selves. We saw a lady putting chairs out at a cafe due to open within 10 minutes and asked if we could sit and wait for them to open but were turned away. A few doors down we came across this cafe which was already open and welcomed us warmly. The staff were cheerful and you could feel they genuinely enjoyed seeing you, the atmosphere was fantastic. A big range of tea and coffee which fitted our random tastes perfectly, we perused the menu and saw a strange option for smoked salmon with scrambled egg on toast.

Turned out to be the best food we had had in a long time. Infused with the love and good humour this place has, it was a must stop on our second stay in Glasto this September and will undoubtedly be so on our next trip. Home away from home, thanks guys :)

1  Thank lottie0105
Reviewed September 6, 2017

If you want a nice coffee then this is the place to go, I only gave three stars as I feel the staff could be a bit more friendlier, but I cannot fault the coffee at all

Reviewed September 4, 2017

I stopped in here on a Saturday morning as it is right opposite the Abbey gates. I had a pot of tea (with Soya milk) and a delicious vegan chocolate fudge cake. Really lovely staff who gave me a map of the area and also took me outside to point me in certain directions. Meant to go back at the end of the day but didn't have time.

1  Thank howiet1971