All reviews family suite choice of cooked items walking distance no hesitation in recommending feel very welcome a lovely stay city centre beautiful city stayed one night warm welcome comfy bed two nights yogurt julie hostess curtains glastonbury
Reviewed February 27, 2016

We found a warm and helpfull welcome with an ensuite-room for 3 and -to the special delight of our daughter!- a stylish design with lots of roses, good tea&cookies and even a dvd-player...maximum delight: the English breakfast in the morning in front of the fireside with freshly prepared excellent poshed eggs on toast -> that was a wonderful start in the morning of quite rough days in February! And: We even got help with the online-booking for Stonehenge. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2016

Sorry for the late reply, but I will always remember you loved your poached eggs lots of love, come back soon. X

Reviewed November 11, 2015

Meeting up with a friend for a girlie break in Wells we chose the Glengarth partly due to the reviews we read on TripAdvisor.....and we were not disappointed. The owner knows her stuff when it comes to running a B and B. Great welcome, room ready, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Although on a main road we stayed at the front of the property, but had an excellent nights sleep due to modern double glazing.
Breakfast was very good, Julie knows how to cook scrambled eggs (and I am very fussy about my scrambled eggs, according to my husband).
The property is just on the outskirts of the city centre and only a short walk to the marvellous cathedral and sights and good cafes, pubs and restaurants. Parking on site is a huge bonus as when staying in any town/city.
My chum and I only had from mid morning Tuesday to Wednesday afternoon but the accommodation made it feel like a good holiday.
Will definitely stay at Glengarth again and would be happy to commend it to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Julie

Reviewed August 28, 2015

I have just stayed for four nights at this lovely B&B in beautiful Wells. I highly recommend it to you.

Firstly, the location is perfect, being just an easy ten minute walk from the town centre. Secondly it is spotlessly clean and well furnished. It is easy to see the owner, Julie, has put a lot of love and attention into the place.

My room was at the back of the building and was peacefully quiet. The bed was really comfortable and I slept well! There was a hospitality tray with some of the nicest tasting UHT milk I have ever tried, a hairdrier, TV with freeview and free Wifi.

I didn't have breakfast any morning, so can't comment on that. Maybe it's an excuse to come back ...

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Mikkaau
Reviewed August 6, 2015

Very relaxed atmosphere. The room (guess it was family room) had all we needed - shower worked very well. Recently renovated bathroom. Lovely host, very good breakfast. Short walk to the centre of Wells. Extremely good value!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank finnscouser

Thank you so much. Best wishes.

Reviewed July 13, 2015

We stayed in family room which was colourfully decorated and was very clean. Beds very comfortable. Plenty of choice for breakfast including a very tasty cooked breakfast. Staff were nice and friendly and helpful. We were just 10 minutes walk from the city centre and a 2 minute walk from Lidl and Morrisons. Well situated to explore Somerset.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank darryl_mcc

Thank you for your lovely comments, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Best wishes julie