US$133
US$90
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfamily suitechoice of cooked itemswalking distanceno hesitation in recommendinga lovely stayfeel very welcomecity centrebeautiful citystayed one nightwarm welcomecomfy bedtwo nightsyogurtjulieglastonburyensuitecarnival
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 20, 2016 via mobile

We stayed over the Wells carnival (which was a fantastic night despite rain, guest house ideally situated!) for two nights. Julie couldn't have been more helpful on the run up and during our stay, clean comfy room, fab breakfast and so close to all amenities. Win win.

Stayed: November 2016
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to do a lovely review, I'm so glad you all had a great weekend, I know the weather wasn't brilliant, but if it's any consolation it got worse! Hope you had a safe journey home, thanks again, hope the children loved it!

Reviewed October 12, 2016

We were personally in touch through the day with the delightful owner who welcomed us when we arrived and made our stay special. The breakfast set us up well for another long day of cycling. Wells is a great place to visit and this house is just on the edge of England's smallest city.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to do a review, it was my pleasure to look after you, and I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Best wishes
Julie

Reviewed October 10, 2016

Easy to find as right on the main road, which on a Saturday night was very noisy. We booked a family room and were really pleasantly surprised to find we were in a separate annexed, two bedrooms, lots of space and even toys for the kids. However, no curtains made for a very early wake up. Bed was too soft for us but obviously that's a personal preference. The disappointment was the breakfast, on offer was a choice of Rice Krispies or Cornflakes, white bread and bacon & eggs (boiled or fried), I chose the bacon & eggs which were served on a plate of fat which I simply couldn't face. The owner of the premises was away and she left her friends in charge, they were lovely and welcoming and very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

I was so sad to read this review and to hear you had a noisy stay, it is very rare for there to be noise from the football club, it is usually very quiet in the family suite as it is at the back of the house well away from the road.
I am very glad you liked the room, everyone seems to love the space, the extra w.c. downstairs, and toys and games for the children, and freeview tv.
There is a tiny window above the bed in the master bedroom with no curtain, all other windows have a velux blind on them, on the landing there is a dark wooden plantation style blind.
Unfortunately I think you missed the shelf full of variety pack cereals, and I can only offer my apologies if your breakfast wasn't to your liking.
Breakfast is included on the site you booked with, but it does state continental, with a few hot options.
I take great care to ensure my guests have a great stay with us, so I am truly sorry it was less than a happy visit for you.
Very best wishes , Julie ( owner).

Reviewed September 23, 2016

we stopped for one night our son & daughter in law in the family room on 17 th sept room"s all very clean our room no 5 was very nice but very cold that night the only thing that let the place down was the breakfast not what I would call full English!!!!! we all had 1 slice bacon 1 cheap sausage egg and tomato .but my wife just had juice!!!! no tomato as a 4 star AA place I would only give it 1 star for breakfast very disappointed

Room Tip: if you want a good breakfast try premier inn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank phil b
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Thank you very much for your feedback.We were very happy that you found room 5 nice and clean, however, we are of course concerned that you felt cold in the room during your stay.

There are extra blankets in the drawer next to the beds, and an additional heater in each room if required.

I am sorry to hear that you also found breakfast was not up to your standard,we always endeavour to make sure this is satisfactory and we are always as accommodating as possible,and had I been made aware at the time this would of been rectified immediately . Best wishes julie

Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

We stopped over for one night and enjoyed our stay in the family suite. Our rooms were clean and modern and the Glengarth is just a short stroll from the centre of Wells (10 mins). Julie was friendly and helpful and there was a good choice for breakfast.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Hello , thanks for taking the time to do a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and your visit to wells.julie