All reviews scrambled eggs frankie and bennys beans room was clean drayton manor retail park toll road the sofa bed croissants breakfast was included theme park costa coffee reception staff plenty of parking what it says on the tin hot breakfast stayed here for nights
Reviewed August 5, 2017

Booked 2 x twin rooms In June for stay in August, quoted £98.70 at the time but this turned out to be an estimate! Charged £119.70 and then 6 days before the trip charged a further £148.45 for additional room I had booked, phoned to query this and said this was not mine and money was refunded. Two days before I was contacted by phone to confirm I had 3 rooms booked - no I only need 2 x twins!
On arrival late at night we were given 2 x doubles!! OK very large beds but not what we had booked and really don't understand the estimate quote and why we were deducted more money for another random booking - just as well I check bank statement daily.
Otherwise hotel was ok, comfortable, clean and reasonable breakfast.

Room Tip: Back, front rooms noisy with window open
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
LichfieldHIEX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Dear Taylorhogg.

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield.

I am genuinely sorry to learn about any confusion that you have experienced in respect of your reservation particularly regarding rates, this should always be clear from the point of reservation and should have no reason to vary.

I have sent you a private message in respect of your booking so that I can review your reservation details and ensure that you have paid correctly.

Kind Regards

Alex

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

First time we have booked a holiday inn express, myself and my friends were very impressed, hotel was lovely and clean, room was great and fitted 3 of us brilliantly, beds were really comfy, loved that wifi was free and breakfast included in the price, breakfast was a self serve option and there was plenty on offer, good location plenty of parking and a frankie & Bennys, Costa and McDonalds all next door to hotel. Staff were very friendly and polite. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2017

Highest praise. Comfortable clean room. Reception staff exemplary and went the extra mile for us several times. Nothing too much trouble. Continental bfast we paid for turned out to be a full english bfast. The xpelair fan in the room was of high quality. Soft drinks (cold) and ice available freely at front door. The parking was good and everything comfortable and clean. This has won us back to using Holiday Inn Express after one bad experience at another of their hotels (one near Ipswich) where the member of staff we dealt with had a superior and supercilious attitude.

Room Tip: I doubt you could go wrong with any of the rooms at this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Last stayed here about 3 years ago. The site surrounding the hotel has been developed and now includes a Mcdonalds, Frankie ans Bennys and a very large and busy David Lloyd fitness centre. The hotel itself was very clean and the staff very polite and attentive. The room was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent with a 'eat as much as you want' buffet with a very good choice. Check in and out was easy and there is also free parking and wifi.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

A lovely comfortable bed and excellent breakfast which was included in the room rate. Easy access to A38. Nearby there is a MacDonalds and a Frankie and Bennys. Pizzas were the only thing on offer on Sunday evening in the hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple