“Overall ok”

Ranked #17 of 261 Restaurants in Stafford
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Grill
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: 5 star Food Hygiene Rating..The Best Newcomer Restaurant In Stafford & Best Regional Curry Chef 2017 Awarded By Master Chef Promotions. A new eatery located in the heart of Stafford tempted by an unrivaled range of authentic & imaginative Indian & Bangladeshi popular dishes. Each dish has its own distinctive flavor and aroma which cannot come from any curry powder but from the spices and herbs specially prepared by our award winning chef. Our promise is to offer you a superior service and first class food to you, a quality dining experience and make your evening one to remember. Here at The Island we work hard to provide you with a comfortable and friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy our exquisite food.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The location is a plus - there is a reasonable level of parking right outside (be warned parking attendants roam around late at night on the adjoining premises) A large interior has a fairly standard Indin décor but it's bright and open and welcoming. Staff were friendly and attentive. We were there on a Saturday night and it was busy but the food arrived n reasonable time and overall it was an ok experience. There is little that marks it out from other similar restauarants but its fine

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

2nd visit here and was as good as the 1st. Staff very friendly and remembered us from 4 months ago! Gave us time to look at the menus before taking our order and the whole experience wasn't rushed between courses. Nothing was to much trouble and servers kept checking that everything was ok. Will definitely return in the near future.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

First time ordering take away ....so I order, waited an hour and ring .... all I heard was " I don't know" when I asked why I don't have my take away .... "It's just left the door" he said ...waited another 30 mins ....... ..... That's the best part £20 I wont see again .... Recommendation go somewhere else .... .. back to my regular

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed to be having to leave this review after being a regular customer for over 2 years! I went in for a meal last Thursday at 8:45, and despite this restaurant being open til 11pm, our whole experience felt extremely rushed! By 9:45, the staff were clock watching and getting impatient with us. After our mains, we were given a desert menu but, as we’d noticed they had started cashing up the tills, we decided against desert - a good job cos we’d have probably got lynched if we decided to keep them waiting any longer! As soon as we said no to desert, they brought the bill over so fast (without even asking for it), that we didn’t even have chance to say that my friend had NHS discount which then needed taking off the bill.

Would have preferred them to be honest when we came in & told us that they could only offer us a table for a limited time! I work in customer service so understand them wanting to get home, however there is no need to be rude! We felt so rushed that we didn’t even finish our drinks off!

Nice food, just a shame that we were made to feel an inconvenience in such a rude way!

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

Establishment caters to vegan dietary requirements which is great
Food doesn’t always come hot but it does always come on time