“pleasant relaxed atmosphere”

The Knot and Plough
Ranked #11 of 26 Quick Bites in Stafford
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Ideally located on the A518 by the Staffordshire County Showground, The Knot and Plough is the perfect place to dine and relax. We have something for every member of the family! We boast a varied and extensive menu with a superb daily carvery right at the heart what we do. The carvery is freshly prepared and offers a choice of three succulent meats carved by our friendly chefs, temptingly displayed alongside a wide range of seasonal vegetables and homemade Yorkshire puddings. At the bar you can choose from a superb selection of cask ales from Marston's' five breweries, a great wine list, as well as an impressive range of ciders, soft drinks and spirits.Our Nescafe Milano coffee range is the ideal accompaniment for one of the fabulous and irresistible giant desserts from our unmissable cake cabinet. And if you haven't got time to stop, simply order your cake "to go" and we'll box it up for you to take home. You can order your coffee "to go" too! For our younger diners then our award winning menu offers a great range of dishes including yummy desserts and their favourite drinks. To keep them entertained we have an indoor play area for toddlers' and an external play area for children. Make the most of good weather (when it comes!) in our fantastic patio, ideal for either alfresco dining or a relaxing drink. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Popped in here for a quick pint with my on after work. Incredibly quiet (a few diners) but it was a midweek even in Aril so maybe not surprising. Really friendly atmosphere, attentive staff. We sampled the Boondoggle and the Hobgoblin both excellent. This place has a really relaxed air about it and is majorly convenient if on your ay back out of ton. The only problem with the location is, for the most part, people will be driving - so it's more of a destination eatery than a classic pub. Recommnded

1  Thank 509Martin

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone looking for a great meal as the staff and food was appalling and for the quality of the food it was a rip of !!

2  Thank ndlevans
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

There apeared to be a lot of parking spaces and looked quiet inside . Now i kno why.
We sat at our table to be greated by some knives and forks thrown at our table on a tray. I presume to lay our selves as no one came back.
So I settled down to my pint...... that can only be described as a weather spoons end of life beer.
Both mains turned up warm at best. No ask of would we like and sauces or anything else .
I don't think they were brave enough to ask if everything is ok with our meal.
My son's desert arived with ice cream instead of his chosen custard . But I spose he was lucky to get anything at all .
The view of the building site from all windows was enough by now so we decided to leave . After 15 mins wait at the bar to pay the bill , although it was quiet. Still not asked if everything, or even anything was ok with our meal. I payed . After a distant look from the other side of the bar I said ' if had better...... followed by a grunt from the staff .
I'm in no rush to go back to the place . I think they need to concentrate on quality and customer service. It wouldn't hurt

Reviewed March 28, 2018

went for a Sunday lunch carvery food was very good with a good choice of meats and veg you could also choose from main menu as well giving a good variety would go again as good value and service.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank samstulowe
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Came here last miniute with friends layout really clean got served quite quickly.The meals we're hot and came out fast I had the carvery and they let me know with plenty of time that I could go and get My food as the other meals we're nearly ready.Cannot complain about portion size everyone's meal was huge I had half a plate of turkey from the carvery , my husband's meal barely fit on the plate. Menu has a good selection and the refillable drinks a great. We would eat here again just ask for smaller portions.

Date of visit: March 2018