“A great date night at a small place!”
Review of Miso

Miso
Ranked #30 of 594 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2017

The atmosphere was lovely and the food equally so, absolutely delicious! A great healthy feeling alternative to restaurants we usually visit. We are already looking forward to visiting again. Service was good, but as it is only a small restaurant only one waitress, this however was not as issue for us as it wasn't busy. Overall a great experience greatly recommended! Consider booking ahead.

2  Thank Troy F

Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

Very nice lady owner, very helpful & friendly.
Nice decor, good service and great food. The miso soup was my favourite and the calpis drink was very pleasant. Plenty of parking nearby, they have a card machine. We had a vegetable platter, 2 bowls of miso soup, 2 bento bowls and a plate of noodles and some spicy salmon sushi and 2 drinks each for £54.20. Bargain in my opinion and what we couldn't eat, we were given a plastic container to take our leftovers home. We'd go again.

1  Thank CraigR779
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

We had not been here for maybe 2 to 3 years but it was every bit as good as we remembered. The Gyoza were a particular favourite but we enjoyed the whole experience. The service was excellent and the owner is always very welcoming. We hope to return soon and bring friends!

1  Thank mikejones999
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

Our favorite place to eat. The food was beautiful. The staff are friendly and really helpful. Theres a good selction of vegetarian food. We Cant wait till we go again.

1  Thank Louise B
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

We arrived on time for our booked table at 7:30, we were seated at a table with the varnish worn away in places, the menu needed a good clean and was covered in stickers covering meals that were no longer available. There was no Japanese decor or vibe at all, what a waste.

We ordered drinks, I just wanted water, which arrived without ice. We ordered a starter which, to be fair, we didn't really understand what we were ordering, it was deep fried dumplings with a dipping sauce, which was ok but we had to wait an hour for it, so would have eaten a scabby horse by then! I then ordered a duck noodle affair, which was so greasy I had to leave most of it, I just ate the pieces of duck. Nothing about this dish made me think of Japan, there was no ginger or typical flavourings, no decoration, so disappointing. My partner had some sushi as a side, which was accompanied by some dried out wasabi, again, no ginger to be seen, the sushi was dry and stale. I have only made sushi twice and mine were far superior to this and I'm a complete novice, these are Japanese nationals!! Needless to say we won't be going back.

Where all the decent reviews from others have come from I don't know.

If you don't know what Japanese food tastes like at least google photos of what it should look like and then compare with the food you receive here! Nothing served to us resembled the photos or our expectations.

I'm so sick of parting with my 'hard earnt' for such mediocrity, when will I ever learn?! You live in hope I suppose.

Date of visit: February 2017