“Good food”

Ranked #30 of 599 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2017

Visited here on a Tuesday evening after hearing good things about this restaurant.

Walking in, it was quiet with a few diners in. The lady was smiley and welcoming and sat us by the door.

First impressions was the atmosophere was lacking as it was so quiet and there was no background music. It was also chilly by the door so I had to keep my jacket on.

My boyfriend and I ordered a vegetarian platter to start - it was very tasty with a nice range. Although, the dumplings were a bit of a worry, there were tiny meat-like bits in them - the lady assured us it was not meat but unfortunately could not explain exactly what they were! So my vegetarian boyfriend did not feel comfortable to carry on eating the starter.

For mains (which came quickly after starters) we ordered bento boxes and they were delicious! I had the pork bento and my boyfriend had tofu. Portion size was perfect.

For dessert I ordered chocolate mochi... a glutinous rice ball with chocolate in - I absolutely loved it! They were only small but extremely yummy.

A good place to eat, I'd return but on the weekend when there is probably a warmer atmopshere. Service was friendly but it's a shame they aren't informative enough about their food.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Actsid

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

Was so happy when I found out that Stoke had a Japanese restaurant! Me and my 2 friends shared a meat platter starter which was soooo tasty and then each had our own bento box. I choose chicken katsu and it was so yummy! They have different offers on each night, we went on a Saturday and choose some additional sushi for £1 which we couldn't finish as we were so full so were given a box to take them home in. The staff are ever so friendly and the food is delicious - can't wait to go back!

2  Thank Jenniferkimsimp
Reviewed April 19, 2017

We decided to visit Miso again tonight. We both had the roast duck bento, with pepper sauce and a variety of other tasty options including rice, salad and sushi? (sorry not sure of the names of things). We enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. Treated myself to some saki and Richard had a couple of beers. No doubt we will be back soon.

1  Thank chrismb
Reviewed April 5, 2017

I was not sure what to expect as I had not experienced Japanese food before, its a lovey restaurant and the owner was friendly, I would recommend that you give it a try as the food was excellent. Will definitely visit again.

1  Thank Julia B
Reviewed March 25, 2017

The atmosphere was lovely and the food equally so, absolutely delicious! A great healthy feeling alternative to restaurants we usually visit. We are already looking forward to visiting again. Service was good, but as it is only a small restaurant only one waitress, this however was not as issue for us as it wasn't busy. Overall a great experience greatly recommended! Consider booking ahead.

Date of visit: March 2017