“So good! ”

Ranked #30 of 596 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

Me and partner have lived in Stoke-on-Trent for many years and have never thought to visit here...... but it is amazing. The food is fresh and reasonably priced. Yummy authentic food with a good atmosphere. Definitely worth a visit.

We will now be regular visitors!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank ellaclarkey

Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

Great food!! Great service, absolutely lovely staff, if you get the chance try the tempora fried crab... it's to die for! 5*

Date of visit: May 2017
2  Thank James G
Reviewed May 17, 2017

Visited on Friday after a recommendation. Was not disappointed. 4 of the 5 of us had never had Japanese food before so found the interior decoration delightful, and enjoyed sitting in the bench-booths. The food was delicious. Some of us had beautifully presented 'bento' meals, a sort of pick and mix of meat dishes and salads served in square compartmented servers. Pretty and tasty. I had the pork noodle dish - oh the pork was SO tender. The waiting staff were delightful too. Can't wait to go back

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Ladybirdsu
Reviewed May 10, 2017

Visited here on a Tuesday evening after hearing good things about this restaurant.

Walking in, it was quiet with a few diners in. The lady was smiley and welcoming and sat us by the door.

First impressions was the atmosophere was lacking as it was so quiet and there was no background music. It was also chilly by the door so I had to keep my jacket on.

My boyfriend and I ordered a vegetarian platter to start - it was very tasty with a nice range. Although, the dumplings were a bit of a worry, there were tiny meat-like bits in them - the lady assured us it was not meat but unfortunately could not explain exactly what they were! So my vegetarian boyfriend did not feel comfortable to carry on eating the starter.

For mains (which came quickly after starters) we ordered bento boxes and they were delicious! I had the pork bento and my boyfriend had tofu. Portion size was perfect.

For dessert I ordered chocolate mochi... a glutinous rice ball with chocolate in - I absolutely loved it! They were only small but extremely yummy.

A good place to eat, I'd return but on the weekend when there is probably a warmer atmopshere. Service was friendly but it's a shame they aren't informative enough about their food.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Actsid
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

Was so happy when I found out that Stoke had a Japanese restaurant! Me and my 2 friends shared a meat platter starter which was soooo tasty and then each had our own bento box. I choose chicken katsu and it was so yummy! They have different offers on each night, we went on a Saturday and choose some additional sushi for £1 which we couldn't finish as we were so full so were given a box to take them home in. The staff are ever so friendly and the food is delicious - can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: April 2017