“Fantastic! As good as Japan, thoroughly recommend it.”
Review of Miso

Miso
Ranked #31 of 593 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2018

I loved in Japan for ten years and the quality and variety of the Japanese lunchtime and evening menu here is Excellent. Its a small family run local business, the lunchtime Bento box for £6 is true healthy value for money. Most Japanese restaurants in big cities Birmingham, Liverpool , Manchester cater for higher end wallets and tastes, Miso gives every restaurant in Stoke a run for its money. Great for parties, I had my Hen Do here and the owner Amy and her Masterchef son do an excellent job, my recommendation is the Nigiri two piece sushi, and Katsu curry, Tofu Agedashi deepfried, Gyoza dumplings, Donburi on bowl of rice. Each Bento box comes with fresh vegetables, pickles, salad.
Lunchtime sushi boxes are really handy. They also stock a wide range of Ume shyu plum liquers, sake, Japanese cold and hot green teas, whiskeys and calpis, Ramune.
Please give Miso a try its a hidden gem in Stoke on Trent and Newcastle under Lyme. Within ten minutes walk of Stoke station opposite Sainsburys. 5 star thumbs up! Totemo Oishii!

3  Thank Jenny W

Reviewed April 22, 2018

I visited Miso's earlier this month with my brother and two mutual friends. I had been before and was prepared on what to expect.

Don't expect a large and bodacious menu when visiting Miso's, they do a relatively small selection but they do everything pretty well and it is always enjoyable.

If you have never tried Japanese food before, I thoroughly recommend that you try one of the Bento boxes on offer for a little piece of everything.

Overall I would gladly come along again, the food isn't mind-blowing but it is definitely good and considering Japanese restaurants are few and far between in Stoke-On-Trent, this one definitely takes my pick as being the best.

4/5.

1  Thank Conor W
Reviewed April 13, 2018

Dont expect a nice sushi bar. Poor menu, quality only 5/10. Dont recomend it at all.
Waitress very nice and helpfull. I love Japanese food and didnt enjoy it in this restaurant.
The sushi was nothing to do with proper sushi. The ramen soup was 5/10. The gyouza were good.

2  Thank jonaytelde
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Return visit to Miso, this time with the kids in tow (17 years old and 4 years old).

Mixed meat and mixed dumpling starters - really delicious fried "potsticker" dumplings; the highlight however was the terriyaki chicken wings and ribs - delicious. All of the family shared the two platters and that was plenty - even the youngest enjoyed it.

Mains were two Katsu curry bentos - which, unbeknownst to us, had the aforementioned chicken Katsu, some japanese rice, but also a couple of dumplings and some sushi too - a bargain but very filling, so smaller eaters won't need a starter. My main was the pork ramen which is fantastic, and much better than places like Tampopo - again, giant portion size. And the youngest had a children's chicken karrage bento box.

Great food, friendly front of house and for a Wednesday evening, very busy. Really recommended.

1  Thank John_Panek
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Given the location of Miso (on the high street in Stoke opposite Lidl) I didn't have high expectations for this restaurant but it was amazing.

The staff are Japanese, which is always great in a Japanese restaurant, and very welcoming. We were sitted quickly and the drinks order taken within 5 minutes. They have a choice of beers, including 3 Japanese beers which I thought was good, plus all the usual options.

There is lots of choice on the menu from Sushi, to Bento boxes to Ramens. We opted for a Gyoza sharing platter to start, I had a Chicken Katsu Curry Bento Box and the other half had the Roast Duck Ramen. They also had a Saturday night special offer on where we got a sushi starter for a £1 with a Bento box so we had smoked salmon sushi too.

All of the food was amazing, my Bento Box was fantastic but I think that the Ramen was even better (I had a little try).

The decor of the restaurant is very Japanese and exactly what you would want.

If I am looking for a negative, and it is hard to find one, the toilets let them down a bit. The restaurant is decorated really well but the toilets have tape around the edges of the ceiling which doesn't look the best. They are clean and functional but could do with a bit of TLC.

I would definitely recommend Miso and will be going again.

2  Thank Ellen W