“Fabulous ”

Ranked #30 of 594 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely restaurant with great selection of ramen noodle , tempura, sushi and bento - I had assorted veggie bento and pumpkin korokke as a starter with a wonderful fruity sauce for dipping . Excellent friendly service and a stylish interior - gets my vote !!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank cathieo888

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Just had to visit again to introduce a few of our family to Miso! Once again it excelled with the fantastic Sunday deal of sushi for just £1 when you buy a bento.
Sensational food, excellent service!!

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank Simdeakin08
Reviewed October 9, 2018

I visited Miso with my son (13 y.o.) for a 6pm dinner reservation on a Saturday night, and I was really pleasantly surprised to each Japanese food of this quality smack in the heart of the city.

We went for the mixed gyoza platter starter, duck ramen for me and pork ramen for the teen, plus two drinks each - total bill was around £44.00, with each of the mains being around £10.50 for a large bowl. Excellent portion sizes and really reasonably priced.

The four different types of gyoza (chicken, pork, prawn and veg) were great, my ramen had an entire large duck breast sliced into it that had been *really* nicely cooked, and there was a huge portion of slow-cooked pork in my lad's bowl that you could easily pull apart with chopsticks. Lovely!

In terms of authenticity, I was lucky enough to be in Japan earlier in the year and I can say this is spot as far as the ramen and gyoza were concerned - can't comment on the bento or the sushi, though.

Only gripe is that as we were a party of 2 we weren't able to sit at the japanese-style sunken tables - very cool, will make sure I'm in at least a part of four next time! :-)

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Robbie C
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Returning for a dinner with the family during Miso's 9th birthday celebration - a starter & bento for £9.99.

Don't be mistaken - this is not "Araki" or "Ebi Sushi" or any other deeply-serious Japanese restaurants, this is home-cooked food done in a friendly, welcoming way. And yes, the sushi is more "western" style using cooked ingredients - but appreciate it for what it is, rather than worrying about anything it isn't.

Starters were chicken gyoza, spicy chicken roll, yakitori and pumpkin karroke, followed by a couple of katsu curry, teriyaki chicken and chicken karrage bentos. Delicious.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank John_Panek
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Visited miso on the off chance we would get a table. They were very welcoming and had no problem that we had not booked. Food was amazing couldn't of asked for better. Staff friendly and welcoming. Will be returning very soon and telling friend about thus place.

Date of visit: August 2018