“Perfect evening....”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2018

We visited the Saracens Head at 6pm to be warmly greeted by Grace, she settled us into one of the best seats in the house and with a smile.
The food was varied and interesting and the standard matched our expectations.
I had the Black pudding / Haggis stack which as a Scotsman was very nice indeed. If I was to make a constructive suggestion it would be to try Stornaway black pudding which will send this dish into orbit.
This was followed by a Wexford Steak, it was cooked as I requested and was most enjoyable.
We also had the Salmon, Rib Eye Steak and the Steak Pie, all of the plates were cleared which shows that all of our party clearly enjoyed what they had been served. The steak pie was consumed by a young man who regards this as his most favourite dish so it even met with his approval.
Desserts were ordered and finished off what was a great night.
The price of the night was reasonable and the standard was high.
We will be back and can only say don’t miss out....Grace and fellow staff, thanks and keep it up

1  Thank Sciroccogt2

Reviewed August 12, 2018

My family and I were staying near by for a week and found The Saracens Head. My wife, two children, one of whom is 9 months old and myself arrived and waited at the "please wait here sign". As this was Wednesday the place only had a few diners and I had to go find the waitress. We ordered drinks and they arrived quickly we also ordered our food which arrived cooked perfectly and in good time. They also provided a high chair and small bowl for my son. MY daughter had the rump steak which she said was perfect. My wife had the lasagne she said was the best she's ever had and I had the steak and ale pie which was huge but I tried to finish it as it was too good not to finish. However the pie was too much and I had to leave some, but it was incredible.
The Deserts arrived in short time. I had a beautiful chocolate torte and my daughter had a lovely creamy gelato ice cream.
If we are near here again we will definitely be back. The staff are really friendly and great with my son.

1  Thank DS D
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Great sitting in the evening sun in the pub garden with the Llama's in an enclosure next door providing entertainment for the children (and adults). The venue looked great and the waiting staff friendly and efficient. Unfortunately the menu didn't live up to the venue. Definitely pub grub. Substance over quality. I wish it would up it's game, would be great.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Stopped off on the way through with my wife and daughter, was a quiet time around 2pm so was only us and another family in, we had the lunch menu and it was really nice, the staff were spot on and really looked after us and our daughter, as I say it was very quiet when we went but would recommend if passing for a spot of lunch. Prices were also reasonable

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Karlos S
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times for Sunday roasts, definitely one of the best in the area. Fresh veg and meat cooked beautifully. Mac and cheese on the side optional, but why not. Will continue to visit for my Sunday roast. Staff are also great nothing seems to be too much.

Date of visit: June 2018