Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PremierInn.com
US$82
US$42
View deal
Trip.comUS$82
Destinia.comUS$60
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
All reviews toby carvery costa coffee machine breakfast staff wynyard hall attending a wedding comfortable room first class service all you can eat one night stay business trip family room full english bath heating corridor venue
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2020

Stayed in newly renovated Room 45 right at the end of the mile long walk from reception down two never ending corridors to what at first glance was a lovely room in the new Premier Inn fit out with all the fancy mood lighting etc.

I briefly checked in and then went out for the evening returning around 10pm with a very tired toddler who fell asleep as soon as we returned to our room (Sauna), we noticed on return the room was on the warm side so we opened a window and had the fan on and assumed the room would cool down however this wasn't to be the case and the temperature remained at a consistently tropical 27.5 degrees as per the thermostat in the room which we made sure multiple times wasn't making the heating come on in the room.

Fast forward to the morning after a very sweaty and uncomfortable nights tossing and turning its still 27.5 degrees! we decided to go next door to Toby Carvery for breakfast (Tip: Don't waste your money on the Premier Inn breakfast its literally next to a Toby Carvery who do all you can eat breakfast for £4.89) I was shocked to find it was only 16 degrees and cloudy outside, I was assuming bright sunshine with my room still running at 27.5 degrees, on return to the room it was a quick checkout as I couldn't take the heat anymore.

Informed reception at checkout who were blaming external temperatures which guest services also used to get out of a Good Night Guarantee (Tip: They don't care if you have a good night, it's not worth the paper its written on and backed up by pages and pages of terms and conditions.) the caveat here is we actually stayed the night before at the same hotel in room 32 one of their older rooms, the external temperature was hotter that night and our room was an acceptable temperature.

Anyway with no resolution to the issue and as Premier Inn won't look into why that room was heating up, it's obviously a fault in the building causing it I thought I would leave a review to warn unsuspecting guests who may have the unfortunate circumstance of being allocated this room what they are in for.

Never had any issues with Travelodge resolving issues and I use them an awful lot for business stays.

Room tip: Don't stay in room 45
Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2020

Although in a service area just off A19 very quiet and plenty places to eat. Free parking is a bonus. But the best thing of this Inn are the staff who are very friendly and cannot do enough for you, nothing is a trouble for them.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed March 29, 2020 via mobile

This premier inn is my favourite due to the staff. Georgia on reception is friendly and professional. The breakfast is the best as it is cooked to order, by Karen who is excellent at what she does. The lady waiting on was very friendly and professional as well, who’s name eludes me whilst writing this. The rooms are always clean and well presented too. Thank you for consistently making my visits pleasurable.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank brian1112222015
Reviewed February 29, 2020

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed February 23, 2020

From the minute we walked in were made to feel welcome. Young man on the desk couldn't help us enough. Room was nice and clean. Slept really well. Welcomed by your breakfast staff the next morning. Food was fresh and hot.. will definitely staff again.
Stayed 22/2/20