“Classy but inexpensive ”
Review of Brasserie Bleue

Brasserie Bleue
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Bleue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Aldeburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$41
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Our new Bar and Brasserie has been inspired by a modern desire to return to simple, 'back to basics' food, offering freshly prepared dishes, contemporary, informal surroundings and impeccable service. We hope the whole family will enjoy dining with us. From fresh fish bought from Dean's Shed, situated on the beach opposite the White Lion, to smoked kippers sourced from Pinney's of Orford, every ingredient used in the exciting dishes which feature on the new menu, has been 'hand picked' to guarantee an abundance of flavours - Bon Appétit.
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Booked ahead as it was a bank holiday Monday but no need. Excellent service and value for money. Attentive service. Disabled space and lift at the rear of the hotel. Prawn cocktail starter and pork belly for main was delicious. They gave us a free 10% discount card which can be used at other restaurants and shops in Aldeburgh.

Mark_White-WL, Manager at Brasserie Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Hi

Many thanks for your kind review and I am pleased that you enjoyed both the food and the way that we looked after you during your visit. Hope you come back and use your crag and crab card with us again in the near future.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

A late night meal of fish. It was busy and we had wait a good while to get a table. The food was nicely done and tasty. The staff were were too busy to be properly helpful.

Hi Andrew

Many thanks for your comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed your food. I am sorry that the service was not as attentive on your visit, we do try to ensure that there is enough staff on to ensure the service level is always good.

Reviewed May 24, 2018

Only there one night so used this Brasserie. Staff were very friendly though seemed to be new as the bill at the end was a mix up. The food was well cooked, though not enormous portions, and the menu wasn't huge. Having said that there were a variety of choices but I would have had difficulty if I'd been there a few days. I thought it was a shame that heavy duty paper napkins were used instead of linen (yes, I know, keep the costs of washing down) and plain "plastic" tables. Nice to sit in the window and watch the world go by.

Hi

May thanks for taking the time to leave your review and I am sorry for the mix up on the bill. The new menu has generally been well received and we also have our Sea Spice restaurant as an option that is used by people who are staying a number of days.

I will take your comments on board as part of our constant quest to improve.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

The menu was not very good. Presentation nothing special. Tables were laid the same as for breakfast which is most unusual

Mark_White-WL, Manager at Brasserie Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Hi, I am sorry that you have been disappointed by your experience in the restaurant. We have recently re-launched our a la carte menu which has generally been well received in terms of choice and quality of food. If you would be willing to contact me on mark.white@whitelion.co.uk to enable me to review this further with you I would really appreciate it.

Reviewed May 7, 2018

The decor is stylish and Sunday lunch was informal and relaxed. Service was efficient and friendly. The menu carried a good veggie option and the food was nicely presented. However the vegetables were a bit boring and the menu could have done with a bit more light and shade and maybe some wow.

Hi. many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We offer a different menu on a Sunday to the rest of the week and I will feed back your comments to the team.

We hope to welcome you again soon and hopefully wow you next time.