“Birthday Dinner”

Regatta Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Aldeburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$61
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2018

Five of us visited Regatta for a birthday lunch. We were all delighted with everything we chose. The food was superb, the service was brilliant and the £45 deal for three courses, for two people, made it excellent value.

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Camping in Aldeburgh, We had booked ahead for a Saturday night as we remembered how good it was last year, and we weren’t disappointed;we had the sea bass special and it was delicious; obviously completely fresh with new potatoes and samphire. Dessert was equally delicious with croissant bread and butter pudding with a caramel sauce. Service was perfect . Lovely decor and atmosphere - 5 star!

Reviewed June 1, 2018

Visited here just after Easter. Lovely spot in the middle of Aldeburgh town.
Had the Hot Brandon Rost as a starter which was absolutely delicious, and then a special of Skate wing for my main which again was lovely and cooked really well. Food was great. It was just the service that left something to be desired. The food all came out very quickly, and was more or less dropped onto the table but a young girl who clearly didn't want to be there. The other staff went from being omnipresent to nowhere to be seen for ages, very odd.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Food was fairly good. I had a very good fish soup to start with (but with a very soggy cheesy crouton) followed by cod loin laid on a sweet potato curry. Both were cooked well but the presentation of the dish made the loin look like an afterthought and tucking into it did not change this impression: nicely cooked fish and a decent curry but there wasn't much of an attempt to marry them. My wife had the fish cake to start with (delicious, but too big) followed by the sword fish: this was slightly overlooked ("too dry") and the seafood sauce tasted too much of cream and rather overpowered the fish. I finished off our meal with a really delicious lemon curd cheesecake. We drank a bottle of Reuilly: this was excellent. The staff were friendly but the food came out super fast: no sooner had the wine been poured than the first course arrived and within 5 minutes (or so) of this being cleared away, the main courses arrived: it felt as though the fish was cooked as soon as the cutlery and crockery from the first course arrived back in the kitchen. This was my/our biggest complaint: surely it is incumbent on a restaurant to allow their patrons to enjoy a reasonably leisurely evening (eating out ought to be an occasion, after all), and we weren't afforded this opportunity to enjoy a leisurely evening. I appreciate that the restaurant business is tough and can be unforgiving but, sad to say, we would be unlikely to eat there again (even if we returned to the area).

Reviewed May 29, 2018

We visited Regatta on the Bank Holiday Monday. To avoid disappointment, we booked a table a day before. The restaurant was not busy though. We were welcomed by very nice and smily waitresses and were shown to our table. I absolutely loved the hot bread they brought us to nibble on. We ordered tempura prawn for starter and the griddle sea bass from the specials menu for our main. The prawns were absolutely gorgeous and I could eat them forever! The sea bass and the accompanying vegetables were cooked to perfection. The shellfish sauce was incredibly nice. The service was quick and of very high quality and I had nothing to complain about. I will be recommending this place and I am definitely returning! :)