I bought a 1/2 price spa day for myself and my Mum. In total it cost £60 for both of us, and this included a one-course lunch, a day in the spa and a 25 minute facial. At the time I thought this was a bargan, but in fact it was a total waste of time and money. Our problems were:
1. Our voucher said we could take our slippers and robe home with us, but the (very nice) lady at reception told us that we had an 'old' voucher and that we could only take the slippers (despite the fact we only booked the day only a few weeks ago).
2. While we were in the sauna the spot lights went out and didn't come on again, and it didn't get very hot.
3. In the steam room, the steam seemed to just stop working!
4. We were asked to get out of the pool as a fitness class was about to start. (This I thought was very bad as we weren't warned in advance that the pool would be off limits for an hour and when we asked if we could join in, we were told it would cost £5 extra each)
5. Our towels were really wet and we weren't allowed dry ones.
6. We were booked into a double room for our facials which although we didn't mind I thought we should have been asked before the day if this was OK.
7. Our facials were supposed to be 25 minutes long. We went in the room at 3.10pm and were finished by 3.25pm. They were obviously running a bit late (we should have gone in at 3pm) but I feel as we were there plenty of time in advance, and I did pay for it then we shouldn't have missed out. The products used on our faces felt really heavy and we didn't enjoy the facial at all.
I sent an email to Clarice House telling them about my bad experience, and they replied 'please be assured that all the issues raised in your e-mail have been passed to relevant department heads for action as required.' So hopefully their standards will improve soon. Personally, I thought I should have been offered at least half of my money back, if not all of it.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.