1,405 results
All reviews gallery restaurant afternoon tea beautiful hotel main restaurant brasserie menu old building suffolk breakfast lounge area venison scones low beams first class the ground floor birthday treat old world public areas special occasion
Reviewed November 14, 2017

The hotel is 15th century and is so well preserved and full of character.It was fitting that we were staying the weekend of Remembrance Sunday, and were able to soak up the atmosphere of the Airman's Bar. The Gallery restaurant fully deserves it's 2 rosette stars and the meals we had were delicious.All the staff were prepared to go the extra mile in making our stay memorable.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
John M, HOUSE MANAGER at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

John M, House Manager at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this review, 13 Nov 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It is great to receive such lovely feedback and I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us and the character the Swan has to offer.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future and if I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

As the Swan responded so professionally and took time to listen to our feedback we decided to give it another go. We stayed in the more modern part of the hotel which was very comfortable and clean. Dinner in the restaurant was vastly improved and the service attentive. It's good to know that the manager was prepared to investigate the poor review and make an effort to change where change was needed. We expect this was a service blip during our visit in August as it was a very different experience in October.

Stayed: October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It is great that we were able to welcome you back to the Swan and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay this time. I certainly will be sharing your comments with the team.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Swan again soon and if I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

You would never know from the outside, but the Swan is actually a fairly extensive hotel. The inside is just as you would imagine, with period features including timber ceilings and beautiful fire places.

The service is great, staff very friendly, particularly in the restaurant. If you are going to dine here I would recommend taking a seat in the Gallery Restaurant, the most beautiful room in the hotel.

The guestrooms are cosy, beautiful and perfect for a winter escape in my opinion, this is a true English hotel and perfect for those wanting that quintessential olde country feeling.

Location is great, you are within walking distance to all of Lavenham, there is also a free onsite car park which is very helpful.

The Weaver's Spa is wonderful, treatments great and the facilities are top notch, worth every penny.

1  Thank hrb91
John M, House Manager at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

It is great to receive such lovely feedback and I'm so glad you enjoyed your time in the hotel and spa. We are certainly very lucky to have that cosy ambience where you can escape the colder weather and relax by ones of our fires.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Swan in the future and if I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

The hotel has lots of character and is set in a picturesque village. Our room was well appointed, with a seating area, comfortable beds and tea/coffee making facilities.The breakfast was excellent and served at table. We also ate an evening meal in the restaurant. The menu and wine list were extensive, and food was well cooked and nicely presented. Service was excellent.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It is great to receive such lovely feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us and the character the Swan and indeed Lavenham has to offer.

Reviewed October 27, 2017

The hotel itself is beautiful and unique with the old beams, wonky floors, low ceilings, inglenooks and atmosphere. Our room (Heritage) was well equipped with a separate sitting area, very comfortable bed and good shower and bath. We were overlooking the high street above the main front door, so quiet it was not. Doors banging, people walking past, traffic/delivery truck noise etc. We DID expect this though and arrived equipped with ear plugs so it did not disturb our sleep. A few housekeeping issues - there was rubbish in the room left by the previous guests (a birthday card envelope) behind heating pipes. I also think the room could do with a deep clean including moving the bed as there were also items underneath. Also a note pad but no pen - is this usual?
The breakfast was excellent in the Gallery restaurant but on the two days the experience was very different. On the first (23 Oct) there were 2 people greeting and taking orders - it was chaotic and disorganised. On the second day a lovely blond older lady was doing this alone and she managed much more efficiently, seating and taking orders in order of guests' arrival. The food was excellent - really enjoyable and good quality.
The spa was wonderful and we enjoyed both the Sauna and Steam rooms - very relaxing.
We didn't visit the Brasserie restaurant but it seems very incongruous and would have been more likely seen in a Holiday Inn - the table/chair decor just doesn't fit this hotel. The Gallery Restaurant was much more inkeeping - this has a separate review.
All in all a nice hotel and can be recommended. Just take earplugs!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fussyminx

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I certainly appreciate your comments and I do apologise that on this occasion we seem to have let ourselves down in a few areas. Should you wish to discuss anything with me in more detail please feel free to contact me on the below email address.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Swan in the future.