The Angel Hotel(Lavenham)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$65
US$152
Lavenham Priory(Lavenham)
1,354 results
All reviewsgallery restaurantafternoon teabeautiful hotelold buildingmain restaurantsuffolk breakfastvenisonlow beamslounge areajunior suitesconesthe ground floorold worldspecial occasionpublic areasbirthday treatevening meal
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Another birthday dinner at The Swan! I love it here - the staff are professional and helpful and I especially love the cosy little alcoves where we have pre dinner drinks served by lovely friendly staff! Food was outstanding this evening, the ribeye steak was cooked exactly how I like it by super staff, as usual, particularly the lovely Irish lady who served us. You can come here either for a casual lunch or a special dinner and yet this place is always just as special...!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
John M, House Manager at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It is great to receive such lovely feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us celebrating your birthday, as you know the Swan is certainly a cosy place to be at this time of year. I certainly will be sharing your feedback with the team.

I do hope we see you soon and if I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

I'd love to give this place 4 or even 5 stars. It looks nice, I had a warm welcome and it's in a pretty village in rural Suffolk.
In fact dinner was excellent helped by the superb service from Irish Jo.
Unfortunately there were a couple of things that let it down.
The taps in the bathroom were a bit stuff. The chain on the plug was missing. The mattress was a bit hard and the TV was very cold and badly tuned. By themselves, forgivable but these days we are less tolerant so the net effect was not good.
Breakfast was the most disappointing. The black pudding was rock hard and the bacon hover grilled.
If I come back I hope I'll be reporting a much better experience.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank vonireland
John M, HOUSE MANAGER at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

As you are aware we have been in direct correspondence with regards to the shortcomings you experienced. I certainly hope we are able to welcome you back to the Swan in the not to distant future.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

We stayed over on Saturday 11th November with our friends. Never been before, but what a lovely place to stay and eat. The staff were very accommodating, friendly and professional. The room we stayed in was lovely and well equipped. We ate in the Gallery restaurant and I must say it was the best 4 course meal I've ever had. Great service and a wonderful stay. Will definitely recommend to others.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
John M, HOUSE MANAGER at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It is great to receive such lovely feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us and what the Swan has to offer. I certainly will be sharing with the team.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future and if I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

Ok I booked a package of room , evening meal and breakfast, we had the Newton suite which is in the old part at front of hotel, this is low ceiling , up and down staiirs, huge bed and an amazing use of space in a small bathroom through clever design. So the room was lovely and when we went down to dinner we were in the large barn like restaurant at rear. Staff highly attentive, the deal allowed us to choose any 3 items from the a la carte menu. Ok I have been fortunate to have had some good food over the years and this meal is well up there at the Michelin 1 star level. I had scallops to start and they were silky smooth and there were various flavours going off in my mouth, the presentation was like a Masterchef meal with little circular drops of flavour and colour around the plate and a nutty paste, I know I don't describe it well because I am having difficulty putting what I tasted into words, my knowledge of food and flavours just ran out and couldn't cope. I had Partridge for my main and then the dessert had a mousse and concentrated fruit and Prosecco ice going on. The wife's starter came in a glass jar and had bright colours and intense flavours, her main was the Halibut and her dessert was the lemon tart with a line of accompanying soil , fruit and flavours. The wine list was extensive so I asked for help and settled on £34 bottle of white which was very good with the fish. I had a nice Port to finish while the wife had coffee from a cafetierre. If you go normally they charge £40 each for a three course meal, this sounds a lot, but at this level of cooking , honestly it 's not. Having slept well we were looking forward to Breakfast. They did slip a bit here, the breakfast is good, but Milsoms is better, but it is the evening meal I am going to remember..

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It is great to receive such lovely feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us and your dining experience in the Gallery restaurant. I certainly will be sharing your feedback with the team.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

On our last visit to the Swan we had left disappointed after a catalogue of problems at the hotel. Not so this time. From the moment we checked in until the moment we left our stay was wonderful. Great room. Great Gallery restaurant meals and staff who were at all times friendly, courteous and professional. Where at one point we had thought never to return, now we would come back without hesitation. Indeed we're back tomorrow for afternoon tea. Thanks to the manager and staff for lovely time.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It is great that we were able to welcome you back to the Swan and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay this time. I certainly will be sharing your comments with the team.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Swan again soon and if I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.