1,396 results
All reviewsgallery restaurantafternoon teabeautiful hotelmain restaurantbrasserie menuold buildingsuffolk breakfastlounge areavenisonsconeslow beamsfirst classthe ground floorbirthday treatold worldpublic areasspecial occasion
Reviewed December 7, 2017

We stayed here for one night at the beginning of December. The bedroom was gorgeous. Beautifully furnished and decorated. Spotlessly clean and supremely comfortable. We had our evening dinner in the Gallery restaurant. The food was very well presented, tasty and wonderful. One of the best restaurants we have eaten in. The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lovely with a good selection of dishes. Altogether a great experience . We had the afternoon tea recently. That was great. Will be back. Thank you to all the staff.

Stayed: December 2017
John M, House Manager at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It is great to receive such lovely feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us and what the Swan has to offer. I certainly will be sharing your kind comments with the team.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Swan in the future and if I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed December 2, 2017

I booked a package for my husband's birthday which included, dinner and breakfast. I had heard so many good things about The Swan and it lived up to them all. From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Our room was very tastefully decorated and had everything you could possible want, with a small but perfectly furnished bathroom. Our evening meal in the Gallery Restaurant was on par with a Michelin star restaurant and once again the staff was first class. Breakfast was again delicious. There was only one problem, we were staying only one night so we just have to return to enjoy the delights of the Swan again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It is great to receive such lovely feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us. I certainly will be sharing your kind comments with the team.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Swan soon and if I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

Oh my, what is happening to the Swan. Always been a favourite haunt when visiting Suffolk but had a shock visit on Tuesday last. Arrived at 11.30 wanting coffee in any if the lounges. All tables empty but with a reserve notice on each. Told they had a function at 1pm and we could not use any table for coffee in the interim. Shown to an empty soulless bar area where we were told there was also a cosy fire. There was, but it died an unceremonius death as we sat there and the coffee was unpallatable. The staff were totally indifferent and spent more time chatting amongst themselves. A far cry from the Swan of old. One gets the feeling it is surviving purely on the back of its old reputation.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chrissie J
John M, House Manager at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I am so sorry to learn of this poor experience you had. It is certainly way short of our usual levels of hospitality. If you would be kind enough to email me your contact details via the below email address as I would sincerely like the opportunity to discuss this matter with you.

Reviewed November 29, 2017

Enjoyed a Sunday night stay with dinner at this very quaint and picturesque hotel. Set in lovely Lavenham, a lovely village for an after breakfast walk.
Staff here are very welcoming and friendly. Room was quite a walk away, up many stairs and both of us having to duck to get through some of the doors and passages!
Room was cosy, bed very comfortable. Unfortunately room overlooked the road, but noise wasn't too bad. Dinner for me was rather disappointing. Hardly anything on the plates! Chicken liver pate for starter, but with no toast, just four tiny croutons! Pork for main was on the mean side and very dry. Three small pieces of pork. No vegetables. Chocolate dessert always my first choice, but this was rather dull and lacked any flavour. Never mind, the visit was in itself a good one.

Room Tip: Away from the main road and not too far from reception!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jannieEssex

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the majority of your time with us. I am sorry to learn that you found dinner disappointing though. I certainly will be sharing this feedback with our kitchen team.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future and if I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Having stayed here sometime ago we thought we would have a special treat. Food was good and staff very attentive. Room itself was comfortable however on a cold November weekend the bathroom was obscenely cold we feel this was not acceptable for the amount of money charged (Wiley's room)also door caught on floor in bathroom every time you opened it.

Room Tip: Prefer to be on first floor
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your meal and the attentiveness of our team. I am sorry to learn though that the bathroom was not up to the desired temperature and this is something we have addressed following you review.