“A few tweaks away from great”

Tom's Family Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2015 via mobile

Recently visited Tom's and found it to be pretty average overall. There's nothing wrong with it that couldn't be improved easily. The haddock my mother in law had was fresh and she enjoyed it. My wife found the Mousaka rather bland and had higher expectations for a Greek standard. The Colossal Burger had was decent, though I found it a bit on the dry side considering how much beef there was Unfortunately, the waitress never returned to check on how our food was as I would have requested some additional mayo for my burger. The two cups of coffee I had tasted burnt. Overall it was an average meal and a bit of disappointment based on a number of people we know recommending it.

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed September 16, 2015

We went out for breakfast and decided to stop at Tom's. We had a very good breakfast for a reasonable price.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed August 10, 2015 via mobile

The first time we were in for lunch, the server couldn't have been less attentive. I asked for a glass of water, after not receiving it I asked a second time. I'm still waiting for it.

The second time we were in, the waiter found it appropriate to try and flirt with my girlfriend. He brought her a Singapore sling. I bartended my way through university and I like to think I'm knowledgeable about cocktails. I advised him it didn't taste right, he told me I was wrong. I asked what he put in it and he wouldn't tell me, however he told me he knew what he was doing. When the bill came I gave my girlfriend cash and said I didn't want to deal with him anymore. As she was paying I overheard our waiter say I had an attitude problem.

We both left absolutely disgusted

Date of visit: March 2015
2  Thank rbaldin
Reviewed August 9, 2015

A favourite place to eat in the Lower Sackville area. Always busy and at times hard to get a seat. Wraps,salads and Greek food are our favourites. The lasagna is highly recommended there. Parking can sometimes be a concern there. A reasonable priced restaurant and great for families to dine.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed July 19, 2015

This is a family friendly restaurant with good food, generous portions and great value. Best Pan fried haddock around.

Date of visit: August 2014