“An interesting experiance!”

Ranked #10 of 91 Restaurants in Newmarket
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited here with my mother as a treat for her birthday. Place is quite small and the tables are quite close to each other!. There was a small children's party going on as well so was quite noisy!
Food whilst expensive was very delicious and presented very well. A huge range of Teas etc as well as other drinks
All in all, my mother enjoyed saying that it was like going back 50 years to an old fashioned tea room which is exactly what the place is trying to do. You come here for the experience (and good food/drink!)
Would recommend

1  Thank tandb36

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A lovely cosy tearoom with friendly service . A good choice for breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea. We enjoyed a late breakfast choice with tea and coffees followed by one of their wonderful cakes .

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Stopped in for lunch with mom while out shopping. Their eggs benedict was VERY good, and we tried their special that was mushrooms on toast and that was good too. Only downside was I ordered a blackcurrant drink, and was brought some other fuzzy fruity beverage. It was still good though, just not what I had ordered. But the staff was nice, and it was a great atmosphere for a lovely lunch.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

So this weekend my daughter and her boyfriend came home for the weekend and surprised us all.

They both asked if we could go to Nancy’s Sunday morning. At very short notice I messaged the tearoom and they fitted us in.

I ordered two breakfast tiers in advance, Saturday night, so the chef could be prepared and have them ready.

The daughter’s boyfriend had Eggs Benedict with Salmon, I kept it simple with toasted teacake and toast.

As usual the staff were friendly and polite and the food was again outstanding. The speciality teas were to there usual high standard.

All in all, another great visit with top quality food.

This is a gem of a place in Newmarket with food, staff and venue to match.

And a word of advice if you do have an issue, speak to the waiting staff or Nancy herself to sort the problem out. If they don’t know they can’t do anything about it.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Booked Nancy's for my 12 year olds birthday treat. There were 3 adults and 3 children all 11/12 years.
I specifically chose here as they offered a child and teen afternoon tea leading me to believe it would be child friendly. How wrong was I it wasn't adult friendly let alone child friendly. Felt on edge the whole time I was here as did the rest of our group.
The customer service was seriously lacking especially from the owner not sure how her business survives if she doesn't value her customers.
The afternoon tea's were ok not amazing would have expected sandwiches as well as canapés with the champagne afternoon tea.
The only positive about our experience was the decor and tableware, from cups to cushions the vintage theme is followed through beautifully.
Unfortunately this wouldn't be enough to entice me back.

1  Thank kelly w