“Excellent meal for a holiday treat”
Review of The Royal Bengal

The Royal Bengal
Ranked #10 of 99 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a family run restaurant. The Royal Bengal first opened in 1982 by Mr Malik and his close friends. The dishes we serve have been specially selected. As well as having the classics we also have dishes you may have not come across before. Whether you choose to dine in or order a takeaway,we look forward to serving you.
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

We were staying in Woodbridge for a week, so seeing the other TA reviews made us chose to eat at the Royal Bengal. They were not wrong. Friendly service by our waiter Jaz and the other staff. The meal was excellent and one of the best Indian meals I have had. The mixed Tandoori biriani was amazing. My wife enjoyed her Korma as she likes Indian food but not the heat that goes with them. This was also excellent. Restaurant was quiet, but it was a Tuesday night AND England were playing in the World cup.
Highly recommended.

5  Thank 301billk

Reviewed June 25, 2018

In my view, the best Indian restaurant in Woodbridge and runs closely with the Blue Naan in Felixstowe. Really fantastic regional dishes full of flavour, texture, warmth, richness but subtle spice. They don't work on the premise of how hot a dish is but how the flavours and spices interact. The chicken dish I had there recently was delicious, just enough rich and spicy coating, that had clearly been marinading for a while, and excellent pilau rice. Benchmark Sag Aloo, good naan and ice cold Indian beer. Only improvement they need to make is their popadoms, which are not crisp and fresh enough to match the superb food - disappointing. They need to taste Saffron's popadoms, up at Old Barrack Road, which are the finest I've had!

2  Thank Wanobi99
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

One of my dad's favourite restaurants so we went for fathers day. Messaged in advance to ask about vegan options and they replied that they'd discuss what I could have on the day but there was plenty of options.
Ash personally came over and asked me what sort of dishes I usually liked and my spice level. The chef made me something not on the menu and it was divine, would definitely go back and have again. The personal touch makes all the difference and I wasn't made to feel like a nuisance.
Food was reasonably priced and service was excellent. House white wine was surprisingly nice. Would highly recommend.

4  Thank Claudia L
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

‘Best Indian meal I’ve had in years’ says my Mum and I agree. Cauliflower bhajee was just so light and fresh, korma was full of flavour, chappatis just crispy enough and sag aloo excellent. Fantastic service and the food all cooked fresh and incredibly good. We highly recommend and will be back!

4  Thank SarahWindmill
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Went with work colleagues. The waiter said let me choose for you just say what you like and level of heat , food arrived and I couldn't have chosen better! It was delicious and I would not normally of chosen it. Will certainly return with the family. I hank you

4  Thank 513AndrewR