1,208 results
All reviews tudor room afternoon tea four poster bed beautiful hotel the main hotel cream tea public rooms new owners spa bath beautiful grounds special occasion old building wedding reception smoked salmon birthday treat before dinner lovely setting
Reviewed June 30, 2018

Seckford Hall is a really beautiful Tudor mansion with attractive grounds. The main building has kept many of the period features and the lounge has a cosy feel with a log fire. The dining room is ruined it by adding linoleum floors - what a travesty! The stable rooms are adequate, not particularly nicely furnished. The indoor swimming pool was a bonus in a lovely stable block. The food was actually very good and so was the service in the restaurant. The front desk service was not good at all. There only seems to be one person doing everything and it was difficult to get served for afternoon tea and drinks in the lounge.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Operations M, Manager at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of Seckford Hall. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel, and the food offering. I am sorry to read the service was disappointing. I take on board all your comments. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the Spa.

I hope we can welcome you back soon,

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Amazing find. Tudor hotel set in beautiful landscape. We came to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it felt like a real treat. The room was nice over looking the garden. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was superb as was the service. Breakfast was also very good. Overall I felt it was very good value for such a lovely stay.

Dear Lynne,

Thank you for a great review.
I do hope we can welcome you back soon,

With Kind Regards

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and the trip started well. The building is beautiful and full of character. The grounds are lovely. Check in was quick and efficient and the staff helpful and accommodating.

We stayed in room 6. I appreciate that the building is old but I did not expect tired decor and filthy carpets. The room was not clean. Cobwebs everywhere. The tea spoons were stained. This is just basic housekeeping. I will say the bed was comfortable and I slept really well.

We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night. The food was ok. I really liked the renovation in the dining room; stylish but remained sympathetic to the period of the property.

The bar is lovely and cosy but very dark. It would be worth cutting back the foliage which completely obscures the windows.

Breakfast was laughable. We had to ask where our hot drinks were, on both days, after at least 15 mins of waiting. The food takes an age to be served - 25 and 35 minutes. The toaster is a crazy idea. It takes forever and there’s only one toaster. So the chance of having toast with your breakfast is slim to none. I’m sure the argument for this system is that everything is cooked fresh but in all honesty I’ve had better buffet breakfasts. I would have preferred that to the extremely long waits.

On the last day we took our bag to the car before breakfast. We had not checked out and when we went back up to the room to check we’d packed everything up and finish getting ready we found housekeeping in our room. I have never experienced this in my life. It was 10.30, check out is at 11 and we hadn’t checked out. This was infuriating. How can housekeeping go into a room before the guests have checked out?!

There appeared to be no management presence. Nobody was in charge. The staff were just trying to do their best without any direction. For £170 per night I expected a lot more. This should have been a lovely hotel and experience but there is a great deal of work to be done.

1  Thank kellyh352

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Seckford Hall. It is disappointing to read of your issues during your stay with us, of which i can only sincerely apoligise for. Guest feedback is very important to me so we can always improve the products and services we provide.
I take all your points on board, and will working hard with my management team to ensure we learn from this.

Once again i am sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations and i do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

First visit for some time due to poor menu choices .
No change . Took my husband to celebrate father’s day , as children all to far away to celebrate . Menu was unadventurous , I ordered roast sirloin beef , fatty and tough , roast potatoes were hard and appeared to have been reheated .
Ordered glasses pink champagne £11.50 per small glass of very cheap champagne , long gone is Rose Tattinger they used to serve for the same price . Will not be returning . Expensive poor standard pub food .
Miller & Carter , and Milsoms Kesgrave Hall better value more choice and better surrounds .

1  Thank Denise W
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

We actually booked this through Groupon and had a lovely day in the Spa,ladies working there all very lovely,service was great as we were greeted with a tea&coffee as we sat in tranquil surroundings and then went through to the Spa.Changing rooms were a bit grubby,thought they needed a better cleaner&some things were a bit tired,seating around the pool and one of the jacuzzi headrests was falling off but I loved it in there and probably spent 70% if my time in there!i didn’t use the pool but I think it wasn’t too warm from what I gather.Steam room was great although don’t sit too near the outlets as it gets VERY hot!Showers were good too.We opted to eat at lunchtime with an afternoon tea later on.The steak sandwich was incredibly good,cooked to perfection and with salad and crisps,was filling and very tasty.We opted to leave the Spa and have tea over in the Hall,this was lovely,perfect setting,we sat outside on the lawn,great views,lovely sandwiches and cakes,had all in all a very good day.

Dear Jayne,

Thank you for your kind review, and I am pleased you enjoyed your day at the hotel and spa. I am sorry to read that the spa was not quite as it should of been.
I hope we can see you again soon,

Kind regards