1,440 results
All reviews thermal suite driving range deben suite bar food small balcony bar area leisure facilities night break steam room my mum restaurant staff family room evening meal from start to finish short break an overnight stay lovely view
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous stay, the room was excellent, the breakfast was great, the staff were all nice and helpful. Great stay, would love to come again.

2 things let it down a bit. Our bathroom floor by the bath was rotton and covered with new flooring. Also by the mirror there seemed to be pink and a bit of white toothpaste from a previous guest.

It didn’t spoil our stay though.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Director_Ufford_Park, Owner at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Tracy

We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your 'fabulous' stay with us and thank you for your great comments regarding our hospitality and your delicious breakfast, so we are thrilled that you have rewarded us with 5 stars! We are sorry about the 2 factors you mentioned in the bathroom - these bedrooms and bathrooms will be going through a full refurbishment in January 2019 so will be significantly improved - we can only apologise for the toothpaste which is clearly an oversight on our part. When you do return again please call us direct for the best price guaranteed!

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 6 nights .
The room for a disabled person was not available for the first night so we had an upstairs room facing car park .
I’m afraid to say it was small and dingy .
The bathroom looked tired with old grubby , grouting and very little room to put any sponge bags .
It was not particularly clean and the bedcovers were tatty one with some holes .
The room contained 3 beds , so this could be a family room , unfortunately the beds and bed headboards did not coincide .
All in all the grand name of “ Golf Hotel and Spa” did sadly not live up to expectations.
The reception area was not very grand or even had the air of a main entrance , and it is the first hotel I have stayed at ( and I travel world wide in 5 star plus and pension style boutique accommodation )
That I have come across a sign on the reception desk stating words to the effect that “abusive language and behavior would not be tolerated .”
Sad to see that !
The disabled room was available the second night and much better , however no slope on shower floor meant water seeping under bathroom door soaking door paint and carpet ( obviously not an experienced disable designer )
The same with the minute ,cloak room ,sized basin .
And from friends rooms I see that this is the standard .
Dinning was one night only as a very limited offer and bland fare was on the menu .
The wine we choose was put on the table in front of us and the server walked away ( I know that this was an underage and very pleasant member of staff ) but what a decision by the Restarant manager to allow this .!
The break fast offering was very limited as things ran out they were not replaced even well before break fast ended .
There seemed to be a distinct lack of direction from house keepers and head catering staff and many young and inexperienced staff employed who need to be trained .
The youngsters did their best but in many cases the right hand did not know what left hand was doing.
Surprisingly the first guest room was the most expensive , !!
I am sorry that the experience was not what we expected and the counties are very beautiful for tourism , the hotel
Should have been a good centre .
I would rather find an other place if I return in the future .
So sorry as my expectations were not met

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Director_Ufford_Park, Head of Operations at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear Reviewer

I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I would however like to discuss your review directly with you so would be grateful if you would email me at mmoussa@uffordpark.co.uk at your earliest convenience.

Max Moussa
Head of Operations

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We had a Superior room which was large and spacious with a private balcony overlooking the golf course. Really nice.A good breakfast was included. There is no lift to the room as you have to go to the second floor and walk up.

Stayed: September 2018
Director_Ufford_Park, Owner at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Dear David

Thank you for your 5 star review and we are delighted that you clearly enjoyed your stay with us, commenting favourably on your bedroom with balcony and your unlimited buffet breakfast, full of delicious locally sourced produce. We do indeed have a lift at the Main Reception end of the building which will take you up to the second floor, making all of these rooms accessible to all guests. We hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Lovely clean room, well equipped and spacious. Good food for evening meal - my salmon was very tasty indeed. The spa was clean and very quiet and the treatments good.

Waiter at dinner could have been more pleasant. Breakfast was also very busy. But apart form that it was excellent and we really enjoyed ourselves.

Room 409

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Director_Ufford_Park, Owner at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear Reviewer

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent spa break. Our treatments are a fantastic way of enjoying some pampering and as you mention in your review title you left feeling relaxed which is excellent feedback! Thank you also for your kind comments regarding you bedroom and evening meal. I am sorry to read your feedback regarding the hospitality of your waiter - this will be addressed with the team as we do of course want our guests to leave us feeling fully satisfied with the entire experience. We hope therefore that you will return again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

The slowest service I have ever recieved at the bar.

Followed by at least an hour wait to get the food.

The food is bang average.

The food provided was not the food that was ordered (two bacon and egg baps were ordered but instead two egg baps were brought out) and after a number of attempts at complaining they then provided two bacon only baps which was again wrong and at this point we gave up and accepted it.

No attempts at an apology whatsoever and very resistant to even accept that a mistake had even been made.

They provide a table number and yet the waiters still walk out looking like lost sheep as they ask around the various tables trying to seek out who ordered what.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Director_Ufford_Park, Owner at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Dear Reviewer

May I take this opportunity therefore to apologise to you for our mistake with your bacon and egg bap orders and for our slow service on this occasion, and I have already raised and addressed this with our Restaurant & Bar teams. Your 1 star rating and the title of your review are very harsh however and are not a fair representation of our hotel and facilities as a whole - it is a shame you felt the need to resort to Trip Advisor and not address this directly with us.