Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
Wonderful day out

My sons bought a trip on the Mayflower with Pullman dining as a present for us.It was a wonderful... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Sandra O
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Knocked out of the park!

What a day! Mayflower's first trip out. What a fabulous day, superb food, and the best, most... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
PaullH64
Crawley, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews flying scotsman return journey premier dining network rail day trip christmas market pullman class kings cross pullman carriage standard class tea and coffee course dinner champagne breakfast style dining waiting staff full english breakfast main line
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We had a great day out travel, food, company, and the service crew on board were excellent could not ask for more. Bath was rather cold but we were able to visit various sites in the 2.5 hrs available The Dream team made up for this with a first class meal on the return trip home. Thank you for a great day out.

2  Thank George B
Reviewed March 29, 2018

Many thanks for another great day out on the Cathedrals Express from Slough to Bath earlier this week. A very enjoyable , comfortable (even in Premium standard) , trip with happy helpful staff & great on board service in coach J.

Nothing bad to say about the whole trip & look forward to my next booked trip from Salisbury up to Bristol on 3rd May.

I really like having the opportunity to travel mid week as weekends can sometimes be difficult for me with other commitments. Your ‘formula’ may not be appreciated (misunderstood ?) by some die hard ‘Steam enthusiasts’ but as a relatively new customer I think it works very well and I appreciate the ‘little extras’ ( tea/coffee/ Good seats etc) that your team offer.

Well done !

1  Thank JohnG3493
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Brilliant Day out on Steam Dreams, Dining in Premier style for 2, we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast & 4 course evening meal served by Keanua who looked after us.expensive but definitely worth it especially as it was leaving from our local station Sidcup.

1  Thank 779maron
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

I wanted to thank a Friend for the help that he'd given me and knowing he was a bit of a steam fanatic I decided to take him on a steam dream trip to Carlisle.

I am not interested in steam trains but I thoroughly enjoyed the trip . We travelled first class in the Pullman carriage which looked lovely the tables laid with fine cutlery on crisp white tablecloths with old-fashioned lights at the end.

The staff were very attentive and the food was delicious . We started the day with Danish pastries and coffee and then had a full English breakfast served with champagne . We then sat back and enjoyed the trip through some beautiful countryside. We arrived at Carlisle where we had just over an hour to ourselves just enough time for a coffee and a piece of cake in the station cafe as it was too cold to do anything else .

On our return to the carriage we were given cups of tea and cake as the train set off home . As it grew dark our evening meal was served with half a bottle of wine. The meal was great and included five courses small aperitifs a starter main course a pudding and cheese and biscuits finishing off with coffee . It was all well presented and served and tasted delicious .

Both my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our day out and although I'm not interested in trains I could well be doing another trip in the future .

It was a great way to say thank you .

1  Thank Ba8ydriver
Reviewed March 18, 2018

My wife and I along with two friends were booked on the Euston to Carlisle and return via the Settle to Carlisle route. Booking the trip through the Cathedrals express offices was not a problem with friendly helpful staff. We picked up the train at Milton Keynes. I had booked 4 seats Pullman dining and requested seating in the superb brown and cream Metcam Pullman carriage......we were seated in AMETHYST. We all decided to dress in period costume and it was amusing to the hundreds of other passengers to see 4 people who looked like they were waiting to get on the Orient Express. But saying that many people complimented us, particularly the girls on our turnout.......shame others didn't dress for the part as well. A photographer working for Cathedrals Express took a number of videos and still shots for promotional purposes. Even the Chef came out specifically to say hello to us and to tell us that apparently we were the 'talk of the train'. Amazingly after being seated for about 12 hours none of us experienced any discomfort.....fabulous comfy seats......perhaps they were upholstered with quality furnishings in those days? All food was tasty and hot where it should have been and efficiently served by very friendly on-board catering staff......a credit to the company. The weather throughout the trip ranged from clear blue skies to snow blizzards up in Cumbria. The blizzards did affect our views of the surrounding countryside but saying that it did enhance the already snow covered land.......you can't blame the company for the weather. A small downside was that we lost heating while being hauled by the beautiful old steam engine. But blankets were available and we were advised of the initial problem and then kept up to date by Aimee. A broken hot water tap in the toilets was an inconvenience and needs attention.

1  Thank _nickynoo104