“Birthday celebrations”
Review of Dobson and Parnell

Dobson and Parnell
Reserve with OpenTable
Dobson and Parnell is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$23 - US$76
Description: Dobson & Parnell offers casual fine dining on Newcastle's vibrant quayside. The restaurant offers an excellent value lunch with a range of sharing plates and snacks as well as set and a la carte menus in the evening and Sunday roasts on Sundays. A 5 and 7 course Tasting Menu is also popular. The restaurant is listed in Michelin and Hardens guides thanks to chef Patron is Troy Terrington. Its sister restaurants are the award-winning Blackfriars Restaurant in Newcastle and Hinnies in Whitley Bay.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited here to celebrate my birthday with my partner. The restaurant did not disappoint!!!
I had hummus with carrot it was absolutely delicious, hubby had ham hock terrine which he enjoyed.
Followed by chicken with a type of barley risotto the chicken was the best chicken i have ever had so most . Hubby had hake he said it was amazing!
Service was good , it was a Thursday night we had reserved so table was ready on arrival.
Note another tables order was taken before us and they arrived after us! Staff where a little slow in taking initial order .
Apart from that restaurant service is very relaxed and enjoyable we will be returning.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We reserved a table for the 3 course lunch menu on Good Friday as a treat and were very impressed with Dobson and Parnell from the moment we arrived. Love the location, its authentic façade and stylish entrance. After a welcoming reception I was pleased we were given one of the banquettes by the huge windows and being fish/veggie eaters there were several inspired choices on the menu. The knowledgeable waiter talked us through the white wines and helped pair them to our chosen dishes which were, without exception, extremely tasty and BEAUTIFULLY presented. Excellent value for 3 courses and I was more than happy with the portion sizes – we shared a delicious crème caramel and an equally amazing coconut rice pudding with caramelised pineapple. Exotic! Would definitely return.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Attentive knowledgable waitress, pleasant service although we had to wait quite a while between courses.

The menu was not extensive and we both struggled to choose throughout the meal. The food was well presented and cooke d to perfection, although as people have said portions were small. The price of the greens to accompany main meal were expensive for what they turned out to be. Drinks were extortionate, although the recommended wine was excellent, but fine dining does not come cheap.

However for the price we paid I expect to be be comfortable when eating ...the place was cold and draughty, two ladies had their partners coats on their knees and legs! Downstairs toilets had no heating on at all.

I would have to go back only on an early bird deal as ever so slightly disappointed , not a patch on 21 which still remains the best in Newcastle in my opinion.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank TrevitTreels
Reviewed March 24, 2018

I have meant to try this place since I moved to Newcastle and finally gave it a go last night for the tasting menu. Nothing more to say about it really it was fantastic, great food and great service.
My waitress was friendly, very knowledgable and attentive as were the other staff. The tasting menu was everything you could hope for and included an additional dish not on the menu - ox tail - which was amazing!
My only criticism of the food was the lamb, while being nicely pink, had unrendered fat but I just left that and enjoyed the meat.
I don't know if people are mean up here and do not tip (I always leave a tip for good service) but I do dislike it being put on the bill by default. However it will not deter me from eating here again.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

3rd or 4th visit to this place and the quality is still excellent, place is beautiful, service is great and the wines are delicious, Hungarian Furmint and and French Carignan especially. £19 for 3 courses of this quality is also a bargain!