“Food great but well over priced”

Raval Indian Brasserie & Bar
Price range: US$13 - US$65
Description: From Raval's chic and award-winning restaurant overlooking the spectacular Newcastle upon Tyne cityscape, our team of world class Indian chefs deliver the very best in contemporary Fine Dining Indian fusion food. Our tantalising cuisine, indisputable knowledge, charming staff, modern and inviting atmosphere and unrivalled location, next to the Hilton Hotel and the Sage music centre, ensure that our guests keep coming back for more. We have a team of world class chefs delivering the very best in contemporary Indian fusion food right here in Newcastle upon Tyne. Indian food served in the UK is often anglicized and high fat, high calorie and unauthentic, Raval Brasserie /Restaurant seeks to move away from this by serving cuisine with real Indian spices and flavour.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Came here on a Wednesday evening at 18:00, all staff very friendly and professional.
We were not offered the early evening menu which was the reason we came as was seeing a show at the sage. In this case we were forced to order of the main menu. All food was amazing, and great portion size.
However when the bill came there was a non optional 10% service charge. I did not feel this was appropriate as there was only 2 of us. Having previously been a waitress I understand service charge on large tables but not a table of 2!
So a quick bite to eat before the show turned into a £72 meal!?

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Another tremendous evening with fabulous food and service - I could not have asked for more. Each dish was faultless, I had the chicken tikka starter with pineapple and mixed slaw, delicious. For my main, I ordered a chicken tikka masala which was full of flavours and cooked to perfection! I also ordered the mango salad as a side dish, this really complements the curry - I highly recommend this. I have been to many Indian restaurants and they do not live up to this standard. In my opinion - Raval's is the best Indians in the country! Worth every penny!

1  Thank Apple0489
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I recently visited Raval and was seriously impressed!! The restaurant has a very modern look, the food is presented extremely well and tastes fantastic! The staff are all very friendly, polite, helpful and attentive. There's a good range of drinks in the separate bar area too! We all had a great night and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend! I'll definitely be coming back!

1  Thank Bod7211
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Every time I visit Raval the food is perfect and the service equally fantastic. For the best Indian food in Newcastle, look no further.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Me and my girlfriend visited on Saturday night as we had only heard great things about this place. Raval did not disappoint! Although the restaurant was very busy but standard remained consistent. The whole experience was amazing from the warm welcome we got from the manager when we stepped through the door to the service to the food. Everything was great! We enjoyed several dishes from the a la carte menu. The food was delicious and was good value for money! Oh the cocktail was amazing and the lounge bar was very relaxing, We enjoyed a lovely evening, thank you to all the staff, we will be returning!