we stayed here as we were going to the metro centre shopping for the day and it was the closest one. the location was excellent so close to everything within a minutes walk there is tgi fridays, kfc and lots more facilities. we had to wait a little at reception to get checked in before we could go to the room and gt sorted.. we then went to the room it was ok the sofa bed was very big and the double bed was comfortable.... we went shopping and came back to find that the key for the door wouldnt work!! not what you need when you have a screaming poorly child being on the 2nd floor and the room that was furthest away!! there was also lots of young lads hanging around in the corridors! went back down to reception n they gave us another key which worked after a few attempts!! we went for breakfast on the morning- its supplied complimentary and there was more than enough to choose from.. there were 3 hot items which was sausages beans and scrambled egg. there was a couple of different cereals and then fresh fruit, yogurts tea coffee etc.. we really enjoyed it!! would stay here again if the price wasnt too expensive as when we went to newcastle again we did check this hotel price and availability but it was like 110 quid!! wouldnt pay anymore for it than a travel lodgen which costs 60quid tops!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is a modern designed hotel ideally located just off the A1. Guest rooms accommodate two adults with up to two children and include Express Start Breakfast, free wifi and free parking. Guest rooms are en-suite with power shower, 32-inch flatscreen TV, free wifi, hair dryer and telephone. The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is situated in Newcastle Upon Tyne and is only a short distance from Gateshead, Sunderland and Durham. The hotel is an excellent choice for an overnight stay when visiting the area or as a stop off when on your travels. For the corporate traveller the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is situated only a short distance from Newcastle Business Park, Newburn Riverside Park, The Watermark and Team Valley Trading Estate. Major companies situated near to the hotel are BAE Systems and ITV Television. For the leisure traveller the hotel is situated a short walk from the Metrocentre, the largest shopping mall in Europe. Newcastle City Centre is only 3.5 Miles away and the infamous Newcastle nightlife is a must for any party goer. The city's many attractions also include Newcastle United Football Club, Metro Radio Arena and of course the famous Tyne Bridge and the Gateshead Millenium Bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne